My new website

Hey gang

I hope you don't mind me posting this here as I think you'll agree I'm a genuine contributing member of this forum. Anyway, I've just launched a new motoring news website so if you're into cars at all please check it out!

www.newswheel.com

caboosemoose said:
Hey gang

I hope you don't mind me posting this here as I think you'll agree I'm a genuine contributing member of this forum. Anyway, I've just launched a new motoring news website so if you're into cars at all please check it out!

www.newswheel.com
A very impressive site. I really enjoyed the layout, you did an excellent job.

2 suggestions:
-a little more space between stories on the front page.
-and the "Brands" 2-column just doesnt look right. Not sure what would make it look better, maybe make it 3 columns worth of link?

Anyways, still a great looking site. Now i just need some time to drool over the cars of my dream. :)

epic

Thanks for that, the two column brand thing, i agree, is a bit awkward (sp?) am trying to work out a better solution - I might just kill it altogether. Spacing wise on the stories, I havent heard that comment before, but I'll be attentive to further suggestions that more space is required.

the site is cool.

Audi-Le-Mans-interior-1280x960_468x0.jpg

too cool.

I liek the layout, the use of images is fantastic, good logo too. My only criticism would be the font's/text seems a bit messy, like CNN's front page.

sytaylor said:
I liek the layout, the use of images is fantastic, good logo too. My only criticism would be the font's/text seems a bit messy, like CNN's front page.

Thanks for the input - still thinking about the fonts. Might change to black from grey for the body copy, some seem to feel the grey is too pale.

Hey, that site of yours looks great. My one wish would be the news stories being a bit 'meatier' perhaps - though that would of course require having more actual information to deliver and not just extra word-fluff to spray on...

Oh, and more info on the Veyron too please - most useless car in the world perhaps, but oooo - sooo beautiful! :D

Guden Oden said:
Hey, that site of yours looks great. My one wish would be the news stories being a bit 'meatier' perhaps - though that would of course require having more actual information to deliver and not just extra word-fluff to spray on...

Oh, and more info on the Veyron too please - most useless car in the world perhaps, but oooo - sooo beautiful! :D

Noted - at the moemnt its early days and time is a problem - so i try focus on quality but I may need to add jsut those few extra facts.

Bookmarked! Very nice site.

I've got a request, though. Could you also write out the units so enlightened people might understand them? ;)

ft-lbs gives me a giant headache. Mpg is also a huge PITA, but I guess the computational power too convert that to something intuitive would take up to much time on the nearest supercomputer... ;)

Back