Black and White announced for DS! First screenshots inside!

Teasy

Veteran
Exclusive first look at the handheld version of the classic PC god simulator

ds-gets-black-white--20050509000414508.jpg
ds-gets-black-white--20050509000414867.jpg
ds-gets-black-white--20050509000413477.jpg

ds-gets-black-white--20050509000413820.jpg
ds-gets-black-white--20050509000414211.jpg

The game is also being developed for the PSP. Though IMO it really doesn't have the control system for this kind of game.

What's wrong with HTML on this forum. I've unticked "disable HTML" and the above link shows up correctly in the preview function. But it doesn't work when posted...

london-boy, that's just as bad as when PC-Engine brought DS sales into the PSP sales thread. In fact its probably even worse since at least he was making a direct comparison. Please don't ruin the thread with totally pointless posts.

Teasy said:
london-boy, that's just as bad as when PC-Engine brought DS sales into the PSP sales thread. In fact its probably even worse since at least he was making a direct comparison. Please don't ruin the thread with totally pointless posts.

If i rephrase it:

"how is it SWEET LOOKING, considering what you've said about other games?"

Would it sound better?

Or maybe "How can you tell how great it looks from tiny screenshots? :LOL:"

It's sweet looking compared to other games on DS. ;)

Then again I've seen SEGA's Sonic game that uses motion blur too.

Anyway B&W should be awesome for those who like god games. The stylus would be perfect for this style of game.

I've seen better graphics on DS as well. But personally I'm basing my excitement about the game on more then graphics alone.

Teasy said:
I've seen better graphics on DS as well. But personally I'm basing my excitement about the game on more then graphics alone...

For some reason i could never get B&W to work on my new PC so i have never played it. Was really looking forward to it.
Guess this is a game that will be cool to control with the touchscreen

How's it going to cope with so little processing power...?

At any rate, I agree with the others - this is a a perfect game for DS, control wise.

The graphics aren't bad for DS either :)

Teasy said:
I've seen better graphics on DS as well. But personally I'm basing my excitement about the game on more then graphics alone.

Did you play the PC version? There is a perfect JeffK cartoon that describes it.

Personaly i would expect sub par graphics for this game on both the psp and ds as the ai is very advanced. Esp if they fixed it from the pc version

jvd said:
Personaly i would expect sub par graphics for this game on both the psp and ds as the ai is very advanced. Esp if they fixed it from the pc version

What was so advanced about it? Honest question as I don't remember the PC version being too advanced at all. I remember the promises made but was pretty disappointed in how it all turned out. Man, I was so looking forward to it as well - even had a nice screenshot as my background.

I think Creature Island may have addressed some of the issues though but I didn't bother.

it may have been in creature island . But the a.i was very advanced the creatures actually learned and i could leave the pc and they would actualy do things i would have had them do while i was gone . I def think it would tax the cpus of both systems more so than the average ds or psp game

wasnt this also released on playstation many years ago?
maybe its the ps version ported to handheld

No I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Playstation version. There was supposed to be a Dreamcast version but that got cancelled.

Back