Newcastle United through to second phase of Champions League

Can Newcastle United qualify for the quarter finals?

• Total voters

Teasy

Veteran
WARNING: North American's, you likely won't know what I'm talking about here.

F**king get in! Newcastle into the last 16 in the worlds biggest club Football competition with an injury time winner!

We lost the first 3 games out of 6 and nobody thought it possible that we'd qualify.. nobody had ever done it before in the history of this competition, yet we did it!

Isn't it just like Newcastle to make it impossible for themselves and then do the impossible in the most dramatic and heart stopping way you can think of! :)

I am now the happiest man alive!!! As well as extremely drunk!! :) :D 8)

You magpie git! :devilish: And Liverpool got the boot!! :eek: :devilish: f**n embarrasing :oops: ;)

UEFA-cup play is a poor comfort right now.

MPI said:
You magpie git! :devilish: And Liverpool got the boot!! :eek: :devilish: f**n embarrasing :oops: ;)

I'm feeling the pain with you MPI. If only we'd have got the last minute goal that Newcastle managed to fluke! ;)

Re: Newcastle United through to second phase of Champions Le

Teasy said:
WARNING: North American's, you likely won't know what I'm talking about here.

I'm European but still don't know what you're talking about. I voted yes because it doesn't sound impossible to me. 8)

Gerry said:
MPI said:

I'm feeling the pain with you MPI. If only we'd have got the last minute goal that Newcastle managed to fluke! ;)

More importantly, if you just hadn't conceded the three in the first half things might have been different ;)

Oh, and congrats to the geordies, we were rooting for you. (Well, I was at least ;)

andypski said:
More importantly, if you just hadn't conceded the three in the first half things might have been different ;)

Oh, and congrats to the geordies, we were rooting for you. (Well, I was at least ;)

How true. One of the strangest games of football I'll ever to see. 3-0 down to a bunch of clock-makers (only joking in case there are any Swiss reading).

I agree that congratulations are in order for the Magpies. Qualifying after losing your opening 3 games is no mean feat.

Back