What is the logic behind what gets locked on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolgar said:
I've seen one or two threads here get locked because the discussion turned critical of one company or another, and the mod happened to be a fan of the company being criticized.

I don't think that's right.

This is a discussion forum - and oftentimes discussions involve criticism and debate. There's nothing wrong with criticism if it's warranted and put forth in a constructive way.

My $0.02 USD.
I haven't looked into whether those types of things happen here, but I know of a certain other place where some people get away with murder, while others get banned. B3D at least seems much more fair to me than the "other place"! (I know you post over there sometimes.)

Kolgar said:
I've seen one or two threads here get locked because the discussion turned critical of one company or another, and the mod happened to be a fan of the company being criticized.

I don't think that's right.

This is a discussion forum - and oftentimes discussions involve criticism and debate. There's nothing wrong with criticism if it's warranted and put forth in a constructive way.

My $0.02 USD.

anytime u dont agree with hitler(sonic), and his son(jvd) you run the risk of getting ur thread deleted, locked, or something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

a difference of general opinion is not trolling. the mods of this forum typecast anything they disagree with as trolling.

digitalwanderer said:
There is a very fine line between "disagreeing" and "being an asshole".

The problem with this is that only the assholes on one side of certain arguments usually get reprimanded/banned, posts edited/deleted etc.

There are valid reasons why some threads become locked. We give members here an opportunity to pm us with reasons to reopen the thread. We've done this plenty of times in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

The console forum has been going down in quality for a long time now and there are members here who contribute to that very much. To call me Hitler and jvd my son is kind of sad, especially when it comes from a poster who has contributed to the flames and trolling that goes on this board.

Anyone at anytime can pm jvd or I if theyt feel a post or a poster to be questionable against the forum rules and we will do our best to resolve it. If we lock a thread and you feel it should be reopened then pm us with the reasons and we will look at it and do what we need to do to make sure it stays on topic.

as in my above post, u classify anything not in your views as trolling or whatever else u call it at the time.

calling u hitler is sad? what is abusing your mod status at every chance u get called then?

Hovz , I have already told you that you aren't to post in this forum . Anymore posting in the console forum and I will edit out your posts . I don't care if it takes me a few hours to do it all .

I'm tired of your constant trolling and your constant bashing of what other people like . You can discuss things and that is fine , you can even have a diffrent opinion on something than someone else . But when your arguement is no that sucks this is better , it has no place on these forums .

Personal attacks such as calling Sonic one of historys most hideous killer is just not tollerated on this forum .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back