2 days to Vegas. Next gen game

I would say these certainly could be done real time with next gen hardware, the camera angles limit the draw depth in the street shots for one limiting the geometry seen at any one time, plus if you added a little fogging (make that smogging) you can reduce draw in effect as you move through the area, instead of abrubt draw in you can see things emerge low res gradually through haze until they're sporting full texture right next to them. Not to mention point of view depth of field being used. It certainly doesn't have the feel of the vast world that i saw in the Unreal3 demo. I guess it all depends on what sort of ambiance you want, character driven or environment driven.

If that's realtime I'm going to buy a hat and eat it. Seriously.
I mean, there's an insane amount of reflections on some of those screenshots, and at the same time the polycount seems completely insane.
Huge polycount + realtime reflections = crazy insane amount of geometry.

Not to mention that the lighting and shadowing feels like it's radiosity - sure, you can bake radiosity into textures or shadowmaps with ease but that only looks good on static geometry and I certainly hope that those cars can move around! :D

So I'm voting for pre-rendered concept shots.

hovz said:
http://games.tiscali.cz//images/2daystovegas/imgh.jpg

holy shit that looks like a real car. i dont see any pc game coming close to these visuals in the near future. this is miles ahead of unreal engine 3.

Anyone care to post on something that can get through my work's firewall? :)

PARANOiA said:
hovz said:
http://games.tiscali.cz//images/2daystovegas/imgh.jpg

holy shit that looks like a real car. i dont see any pc game coming close to these visuals in the near future. this is miles ahead of unreal engine 3.

Anyone care to post on something that can get through my work's firewall? :)

give me an email address and ill send u the picture.

Yeah its a lot of geometry but those indoor shots, you're not seeing much of anything but an interior, and the car, the lighting looks nice though. Like another said, put it in a dynamic environment and I'll be more impressed.

Megadrive1988 said:
too bad that all of the good looking screens are just CGI renders. oh well.

I don't think such a level of graphics is attainable throughout the entire game, without a large production budget.

Dr Evil said:
blakjedi said:
I am REALLy impressed with lighting on teh yellow BMW, but in the city... i want realistic lighting not dramatic lighting in games...

I don't see any BMW's

imgh.jpg

All right! geez.. it looks like a stylized 3 series with no badging, ground effects like an M3 and an ellipsoid side view mirror

but from the front

imgi.jpg

it looks acura TSXish

:p

It looks that much better than GT4!!! :oops:

I could see this Vegas game looking like that in real time. Just check out my comparision of past games and notice the level of advancement from the PS1 to PS2 to maybe the PS3.

Comparison of these cars from GT2 to GT4 to Las Vegas game.

GT2
gt2_screen084.jpg

GT4
gran-turismo-4-20041207032818058.jpg

Vegas
imgi.jpg

GT2
gt2_screen088.jpg

Gt4
gran-turismo-4-20040925020248408.jpg

Vegas
imgh.jpg

GT2
gt2_screen092.jpg

GT4
561066_20040924_screen068.jpg

Vegas
imgf.jpg

You can kinda realize how good GT4 is graphically. Yet this Vegas game is going to set a marker higher than what we have ever seen.

Personally, some of the GT4 pics you posted look better than the Vegas ones - but what's the point of posting "photo-mode" screens? They aren't rendered in realtime (60Hz)...

Back