Serenity trailer is now up!

Looks like a higher budget "The Fifth Element". Any particular reason why this is special or should be seen above any other special effects laden flick?

Natoma said:
Looks like a higher budget "The Fifth Element". Any particular reason why this is special or should be seen above any other special effects laden flick?
The writing is about a thousand times better.

DaveBaumann said:
%^&$ing Quicktime!

Dave, mind your manners. :LOL:

Will this mean the Firefly series will be ressurected if the movie is successful?
When's the movie coming out in Oz?

Natoma said:

Joss Wheedon's project after Buffy/Angel. A space-opera sci-fi western. Given an initial half season run of 14 episodes, it was deliberately crippled by Fox (episodes shown out of order, episodes skipped, episodes, moved with no notice for play-offs, pilot not shown), before being cancelled. Massive uproar from fans, dogged determination from Wheedon, and huge sales of the series on DVD led Universal to pick up the rights for three movies and possible future series. The first movie is called "Serenity", the name of the ship and the fictional battle it is named after.

Great characters, writing, acting and storylines that barely got going before being killed by idiot suits at Fox who would rather buy more cheap and lowest common denominator reality TV.

Natoma said:
Hmm. So should I watch the season dvd before seeing the movie?

Ideally, yes. If you shop around you can find the box set quite cheap (I got mine for about £14), it's a bargain for 650 odd minutes of quality entertainment. It's a little slow at the beginning while it sets everything up, but then it really gets going, which makes it's cancellation all the more painful after only half a series.

Apparently it was doing as well as the X-Files did in it's first season, even though it only got half a series, and despite the incompetent manner it was aired that can only have been a deliberate attempt to destroy the series.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Natoma said:
pfft. You must not have ever watched Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. :p

SG-1 and Atlantis are really good (I've watched both from the beginning). Firefly is even better.

Bah! You can't compare a series that lasted half a season with shows that are going on their 9th and 2nd seasons respectively. :)

Gawd, what an awesome melange of stuff. Every time I watch that show I start hearing in my head "Oh, I'm a good ole' Rebel, now that's just what I am. And for this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn. I'm glad I fought against her, I only wish we'd won. And I don't want no pardon for anything I've done."

The verses from there on get kind of bitter. :)

[Note: Historical observation by webmaster of www.civilwarstlouis.com, not an expression of favoritism for one side of the war.]

So, if I understand everything correctly, this is a movie/TV-show.
It's interesting, because when I saw the trailer and the pictures, from the official site, I was thinking "Damn, the direction, the lighting, the cast, everything looks like Sci-fi TV show #451323". :LOL:

But if I indeed understood everything, this show seems to be excellent, which raise my interest.
It's also a very good thing that the Movie is released by Universal, because it means free DVD of the movie for Vysez. :devilish:

Natoma said:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Natoma said:
pfft. You must not have ever watched Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. :p

SG-1 and Atlantis are really good (I've watched both from the beginning). Firefly is even better.

Bah! You can't compare a series that lasted half a season with shows that are going on their 9th and 2nd seasons respectively. :)

You can because Firefly is that good. It really should not have been cancelled when you look at the quality of the show, bourne out by it's DVD sales and it's resurrection as a movie. All it needed was to be shown at the same time every week and in the right order (pretty basic stuff), and a little advertising, and it would have been a big hit.

And let's not pretend that Stargate and SG1 don't have their weaknesses.

Back