New Zelda scans

I'm very excited about this game. Looks as though EAD has finally shown that they can do nice textures and effects.

I dropped from the GA forum about a year ago, I had never ever posted anything there but suddelny I wasn't just able to log in. I wasn't even able to register again, or even browse the forums. Don't remember what what error it gave me then, but I think it lasted at least a month until I gave up trying.

I hadn't visited there until just now, and I seem to be able to browse the forum again. Won't bother registering there though.

Obviously you can post scans, otherwise they wouldn't be there.
And what are you, a mod? ;)
Let us enjoy them before a real mod notices.

Very nice shots Vaan. Impressive indeed. Looking forward to seing this kind of games in the next gen. Don´t take any notice from barking-boy.

I honestly miss the WW style. I think that games art direction was wonderful, but I'm still very excited for this one. The open areas look a bit empty, and the textures look a bit low res in spots from what I can tell. Still, it's a Zelda game! Gift horse, mouth, ect...

wow so nice.............. to poop on!

seriously, i'm not impressed at all

why this? why not celshading again? i love Celda!

"Dark" is the new "water effects" it seems. All games seems they need to have "darker" sequels to get any attention. Or at least that's what the devs seem to think.

OK, so this is going to look like Ocarina of Time, but with more polygons and textures.

I thought this game was going to be darker, grittier, more "mature"?

Still looks like a cartoon world to me. More Harry Potter than Seven.

Kolgar said:
OK, so this is going to look like Ocarina of Time, but with more polygons and textures.

A lot of people though a lot of things, doesnt change reality... :LOL:

And for those who was hoping it would look like something they had imagined, but didn't and are disappointed, then don't buy it. ;)

hey69 said:
wow so nice.............. to poop on!

seriously, i'm not impressed at all

why this? why not celshading again? i love Celda!

Don't tell me you're impressed by any current generation title then.

I liked The Wind Waker as well, although I DO like this style as well, although it is unclear how dark it is, or what the underlying theme(s) is(/are).

PC-Engine said:
Kolgar said:

And for those who was hoping it would look like something they had imagined, but didn't and are disappointed, then don't buy it. ;)
I was hoping for graphics on par with the old Spaceworld "Link vs. Ganondorf" demo, and maybe animation on par with Wind Waker. Since it'smissing all of that (and Xenon will be out around the same time), I won't buy it. Wind Waker was the GC Zelda that Miyamoto was pationate about, but he apparently made this new game to appeal to all the Playstationers that couldn't get past the cel-shading.

Iron Tiger said:
PC-Engine said:
Kolgar said:

I was hoping for graphics on par with the old Spaceworld "Link vs. Ganondorf" demo, and maybe animation on par with Wind Waker. Since it'smissing all of that (and Xenon will be out around the same time), I won't buy it. Wind Waker was the GC Zelda that Miyamoto was pationate about, but he apparently made this new game to appeal to all the Playstationers that couldn't get past the cel-shading.

Yep it's the same thing with the celshaded Zelda, a lot of people couldn't get over the way it looked, well then don't buy it!!! You're missing out on a great game so it's your loss.

Iron Tiger said:
I was hoping for graphics on par with the old Spaceworld "Link vs. Ganondorf" demo, and maybe animation on par with Wind Waker.

I think the Space World graphics are exagerated in your minds eye, go reload them, the new Zelda is markedly better, particularly Link's model itself. On the other hand I really hope they improve the ground textures a bit.

Back