ATI Tech Day Pdf

Only thing I couldn't quite grasp was the difference between the Overdrive controls pictured and the ones I actually have with my x800 xt AGP and CATs 5.4. Pictured CCC seems much better than what I presently see.

nAo said:
about sli: it seems just damage control, imho

Could be. Maybe the guy was so focused on selling product that's all he was doing.

Otoh, the entire world that pays attention to these things has known for months that ATI was bringing a multi-card solution. Certainly their own staff must know and "know that we know". If I had been sitting in that audience, I know what my first question would have been when he got to the Q&A slide. . .

I thought most reviews showed 2xUltra to be faster than a single XTPE in most of the games that ATI highlighted. Just took a look at a couple recent reviews at [H] and even 2xGT seems to be faster than a PE in HL2. I think if ATI's slides represented the truth SLI would be selling a lot worse than it is now - although that might happen anyway once R520 shows up......

Those benchmark results in that are pretty tenuous :?

I would class that pdf as FUD, its quotes bad mouthing SLI are from when it didnt support a lot of games.

That's one hell of a misleading PDF, with some of those benchmarks being very suspect - you know a company is getting particularly desperate when they start quoting Fuad :rolleyes:

Let's just say that presentation could've used an editor or three.

An independent audit of those performance numbers wouldn't have hurt, either. ;)

We've seen the same from Nvidia in the past. What I don't get is - how do you feel creating such a slide when you know the numbers are completely incorrect? Do you think you're orchestrating some ingenious deception?

Back