Sonic Heroes Has Sold 2.5m Worldwide!

TEXAN

Regular
Doing some of my own research and arithmetic I have found that Sonic Heroes has managed 2.5m copies worldwide in just about a year.

Here are the figures -

EU - 1.3m (UK, France, Germany)
USA - 1.01m
- 499,915 (GC)
- 340,615 (PS2)
- 160,859 (XB)
Elsewhere - 200k+ (Nippon, Canada, Australia)

TOTAL = 2.5m sold in just over a year.

After this blazing acheivement Can Sega Sammy achieve 3m with Shadow?

HELL YEAH!

TEXAN said:
Doing some of my own research and arithmetic I have found that Sonic Heroes has managed 2.5m copies worldwide in just about a year.

HELL YEAH!

That's really amazing considering how utter crap it is... :!:

hupfinsgack said:
TEXAN said:

HELL YEAH!

That's really amazing considering how utter crap it is... :!:

The brand remains very strong, Sonic Mega Collection sold by the bucketloads as well.

Not too certain if Shadow The Hedgehog will preform as good.

Hmm, Enter the Matrix sold like over 3 million in under a year though.

Anyhow, Sonic may be selling well(further establishing sega as the "sonic company" that they were during the genesis days), even better than mario apparently, but other games like Virtua quest and Spikeout don't break 100,000 sales.(or even 10,000 sometimes)

wazoo said:
Mario Sunshine is almost at 5M (4.4 by March last year).

Was this posted on that overhead chart breakdown Nintendo displayed when giving that press conference a while back wazoo? Can you provide me a link as well? Sonic:Heroes just went Player's Choice, so expect a considerable boost in next month's NPD.

what about the sales of sonic heros for pc? they must have sold at least 5 coppies of that worldwide.

A bit OT.

Dengeki had an interview with Phantasy Star Universe's dev leaders. Yuji Naka chuckled about how he was the sole programmer for Phantasy Star and Phantast Star 2. "It used to be that just 1 or 2 of us were anough to do it."

passerby said:
A bit OT.

Dengeki had an interview with Phantasy Star Universe's dev leaders. Yuji Naka chuckled about how he was the sole programmer for Phantasy Star and Phantast Star 2. "It used to be that just 1 or 2 of us were anough to do it."

That's pretty amazing and impressive. :oops:

More OT.

When it comes to few people doing a lot, was it true that Kazunori Yamauchi and only five (5!) other guys made GT1?

Sindre said:
More OT.

When it comes to few people doing a lot, was it true that Kazunori Yamauchi and only five (5!) other guys made GT1?

No. At least 20 people on the project, most definately even more than that.

Li Mu Bai said:
wazoo said:
Mario Sunshine is almost at 5M (4.4 by March last year).

Was this posted on that overhead chart breakdown Nintendo displayed when giving that press conference a while back wazoo? Can you provide me a link as well? Sonic:Heroes just went Player's Choice, so expect a considerable boost in next month's NPD.

maybe. Otherwise, you could find the info in the annual report as well.

I''l try to get the info (the 4.4M, which is sure).

Fox5 said:

Anyhow, Sonic may be selling well(further establishing sega as the "sonic company" that they were during the genesis days), even better than mario apparently, but other games like Virtua quest and Spikeout don't break 100,000 sales.(or even 10,000 sometimes)

They released spikeout?!?!?!!!!! How did i miss this?

sytaylor said:
Fox5 said:

They released spikeout?!?!?!!!!! How did i miss this?

Limited quantity release like Virtua Quest. It seems they expected the game to fail badly.

Back