MFSA 2005-35 Showing blocked javascript: popup uses wrong privilege context
MFSA 2005-36 Cross-site scripting through global scope pollution
MFSA 2005-37 Code execution through javascript: favicons
MFSA 2005-38 Search plugin cross-site scripting
MFSA 2005-39 Arbitrary code execution from Firefox sidebar panel II
MFSA 2005-40 Missing Install object instance checks
MFSA 2005-41 Privilege escalation via DOM property overrides

SVG is open flash, basically.

AFAIK, it's a well documented vector graphics system allowing animation et al. Sound and movies I'm not sure about, however.

As tools improve, I'm hoping it'll start to beat flash out.

Saem said:
SVG is open flash, basically.

AFAIK, it's a well documented vector graphics system allowing animation et al. Sound and movies I'm not sure about, however.

As tools improve, I'm hoping it'll start to beat flash out.
I've heard on the grapevine that there are some significant differences between the two but what, exactly, those are I don't know because the spec for flash comes with legal clauses which scare me away from reading it. <shrug>

Did Adobe start SVG? If so I wonder how them buying Macromedia (and Flash) will affects its future.

3dcgi said:
Did Adobe start SVG? If so I wonder how them buying Macromedia (and Flash) will affects its future.

Argh exactly what I was gonna say and you beat me to it....hehe :p

And thanks Saem for the links didnt know SVG was an open format...all I knew was Adobe had something to do with SVG. Thanks.

I wonder if Adobe will still support it with the same effort they do now or if it will play second fiddle to Flash. If Adobe doesn't provide strong support for SVG I'm sure it will be a blow to SVG's adoption.

I installed the nightly build from April 28th tried to install the May1 build, it didn't work. So I uninstalled Firefox, restarted my computer and installed Firefox 1.0.3. Now the entire visual style is messed up, the bookmark icons are huge, everything is overlapping eachother and when you click something from the menu bar it only shows black, which I can select stuff (I just can't see what I'm selecting). Any ideas?

Uninstall FF and wait to use it again until they implement a windows update-like system where you don't have to download and install EVERYTHING each time? :D

mkillio said:
I installed the nightly build from April 28th tried to install the May1 build, it didn't work. So I uninstalled Firefox, restarted my computer and installed Firefox 1.0.3. Now the entire visual style is messed up, the bookmark icons are huge, everything is overlapping eachother and when you click something from the menu bar it only shows black, which I can select stuff (I just can't see what I'm selecting). Any ideas?

Your old theme isn't compatible with the nightlies. Go back to the default theme, or get an update for your current one that works with the nightly builds.

Guden Oden said:
Uninstall FF and wait to use it again until they implement a windows update-like system where you don't have to download and install EVERYTHING each time? :D
They have that now.

it 'seems to work' for me.
Once it gets to actually downloading I never get any data throughput.

Back