This Easter break, I did *this* and then went *here* :)

Neeyik

Homo ergaster
Veteran
Well Dave did it, so I thought I better too. Easter weekend, I did this:

ali_nick.jpg

That's me and Alison, outside Greystoke Castle - nice day, but bloody cold - hence my "hurry up and take the goddamn pictures before I freeze to death". Still, jolly nice wedding and everyone had a good time! Then we went here:

berlin.jpg

No guesses as to where we went for our honeymoon! Top weather, great food and beer. We saw lots of things too:

berlin3.jpg

berlin4.jpg

berlin6.jpg

And yes, we both really enjoyed it:

berlin2.jpg

8)

PS: I forgot the flowers for the mothers on the wedding; I ordered them but forgot to pick them up! And then I got drunk on the bubbly before my speech and forgot lots of other things too :oops: ;)

Come on in, Nick --the water's fine! :LOL:

We got married on an Easter weekend too some years ago. The down side for 'Muricans, was it was April 15 --traditionally tax day, tho not when it falls on a Saturday. So, being a good anti-tax 'Murican I refuse to allow the Tax Man to ruin our anniversay and insist that it falls on the Saturday before Easter. My wife, being more traditionally minded, insists on April 15th. Possibly she does this so as to get two anniversaries every year. :D

Here's a line for you when you're feeling impish, tho I'd advise something to duck behind if you use it --refer to your anniversary as "half way between hell and heaven" (good friday and easter). Probably should wait a few years for that one tho. Heh. ;)

Anyway, Congrats!

Congratulation for you marriage. :D

By the way, why did you choose Germany for you honeymoon?
It's a cool country and all, but it's definitely not the Tropics or the Riviera?

*Look at the location under Neeyik's name*

Well, one can argue that compared to the Northern England, Germany is semblable to the Tropics. :p .

Congrats on the mariage. My 10 year is coming up in less than a month. :)

Is it just me, or does that look a lot like the ATi Flowsaver, just more orange than red?

Congrats to Nick and wife. Glad to see you guys had a happy time.

berlin4.jpg

If I may ask.. it looks like faces .. but what is it?? A street full of this or what?

US

Thanks for the very kind comments folks! As to why we picked Germany, well firstly we didn't want to spend a huge amount of money and secondly we don't do "package" holidays - it was a case of find a nice hotel on lastminute.com and off we go. Ali's spent some time in Germany before, so that kind of swung the decision too.

The pictures of Berlin are (in order):

1 - Brandenburg Gate
2- Middle of the Potsdamer Platz, looking at the Sony Center and Film Musem. Nice place, we stayed there for a while and had an enormous meal for just a few euros later in the night.
3 - Berlin Jewish Museum. The new part to the museum has big tall concrete voids; one of which is this one called the memory void. Basically, you are encouraged to walk all over these faces made of bronze - it makes for a very disturbing experience, with the noise the faces make echoing off the tall walls of the void.
4 - Schloss Charlottenburg; big palace - spent nearly an entire day there.
5 - The pair of us arsing about outside the Reichstag, trying to avoid the countless queues of tourists. There was this lone bloke demonstating with a billboard outside the building but he didn't look too happy when I tried to take his piccy, so we ran off.

Vysez said:
Well, one can argue that compared to the Northern England, Germany is semblable to the Tropics. :p .
It was actually! During the honeymoon, it sunny for the whole time bar one day (and we were indoors lounging in the pool then anyway); average temperature was about 18~20C. Back home, it was snowing!

Nick, congratulations mate! 8) I wish the very best to both of you, and keep'em pictures coming (especially the ones where you are drunk). ;)

Neeyik said:
It was actually! During the honeymoon, it sunny for the whole time bar one day (and we were indoors lounging in the pool then anyway); average temperature was about 18~20C. Back home, it was snowing!
:LOL:
What I said was a sure bet. Northen England must have one of the worst climate ever. :p

Anyway, now you have a significant other to keep you warm when it's cold outside.

And once again, congrats'. Now all you two have to do is some little Neeyiks and little Alisons.

Back