M$ gets into more trouble in Europe

I just wish realnetworks would fuckin die already, nobody likes that crap anyway. Not that I'm terribly fond of MS MP10 either mind you, but it's sure better than that steaming pile.

Guden Oden said:
I just wish realnetworks would fuckin die already, nobody likes that crap anyway. Not that I'm terribly fond of MS MP10 either mind you, but it's sure better than that steaming pile.

Don't like it? Don't use it!

Whatever u're trying to watch is only on Real format? GET OVER IT!

My god you will NEVER stop whining will you, i'd hate to be married to you.

london-boy said:
Whatever u're trying to watch is only on Real format? GET OVER IT!

Or install Real Alternative and watch Real content on your favourite player, same with QuickTime. :p

silence said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22368

According to a report in today's Wall Street Journal, Big Blue, Realnetworks, Oracle, Nokia and Red Hat are pushing for more competition in the operating system arena, outside the desktop market.

hmmmm... this could be good thing IMO. US allowed M$ way to much, i am glad that EU stands up against M$ tactics.
nonsense, guess who sponsored the Irish EU presidency which spawned the current software patent proposal?

K.I.L.E.R said:
What's wrong with M$?
Yes it does reflect the companies attitude.

Varg Vikernes said:
Nice use of the dollar sign in 'MS'. It perfectly reflects your character.

ppl whining about ppl using the dollar sign in "M$" is so passe ;)
at least you know they're not talking about multiple sclerosis when the dollar sign is used...
right, i'm off to warez me a copy of Windows Myalgic Encephalopathy

Every business corporation exists first and foremost to return a profit to its owners (or shareholders if it's publicly traded), it's not just MS. It's depressing to see Real, Sun, Red Hat, Oracle et alia portrayed in the mass media and even in the IT media as selfless heroes defending the human race against the cancer that is Microsoft. Yes MS does annoying things, even some that are counterproductive (the 1996 OGL 1.1 runtime :? ), but all the same none of its competitors are saints.

Almost anyone who has had to deal with any of these firms on a professional level as I have will tell you that none of these are any "morally better" than MS. Especially Redhat...

offcourse. companies are made to make money, noone disagrees with that.
but..... its simple.... i write PHP websites, using MySQL database, in free program for PHP coding, testing it on Apache server and to access databse i use phpMyAdmin.....

such setup would cost me fortune if i had to licence it from M$...simple....
i can have coding language, database, webserver.... everything i need to work with for free.

yes, i do charge my customers money cause i need time and use my knowladge (as poor as it is) to make those webs, but its simply different. if i had to buy M$ licences, i would have to price higher and prolly use customers....

and soon, as i finish writing new and better CMS i will give large portions of old one as Open Source under GPL. some parts are shit (i know, it pretty old code, but they work) and if i can help anyone with my advice i am glad to help....

thats part of reason i dislike M$ business tactics.... its a bully and maybe thats how corporations work or should work, but i dont think thats the only way....

simple...

Back