More Japanese game designers on next-gen Xbox....

see colon said:
they couldn't do any worse, could they?
Wanna bet? :p

Anyway, I'll believe this talk when I see it, though hearing it from someone outside MS proper carries much more weight.

Okomoto's words carry a lot of weight and it is *not* like him to uber-hype something and go out on a limb like he has.

hehe. great news for vgamers. :D

MS gotta have big surprises for everyone. E3 GDC 2005 Xenon. fast aggressive learners. MS is not powerful for nothing.

TexT said:
Okomoto's words carry a lot of weight and it is *not* like him to uber-hype something and go out on a limb like he has.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, i mean, he doesnt even have to say jack squad....so for him to say what he said, i think gives one reasons enough to be excited.

Not that I don't think this is good for Microsoft, but I'm going to take a 'wait and see' attitude as well. It may not be his personality up until this point to hype things, but then again, it's not unusual to try and hype the console you're going to be on, especially when it is the total under-dog in your home market.

Whatever the case we'll see what's up. I'm more interested in these launch titles they're alluding to.

It'll be interesting to see if MS has "stolen" a big franchise like Metal Gear or Resident Evil. Either way i think its safe to assume Xenon is gonna have a much smaller size. I love my xbox but thing looks like it could beat up my VCR.

huh i was playing japan games on nes, big deal. who care about fanboys when MS is pushing the compettion which great for everyone. are u one?

xbox will be a success, in Japan and the rest of the world.
I'm sure MS will do everything it'll be reported a success.
You'll see, there'll be headlines like:

"xbox2 launch exceeded our expectations in Japan, says J Allard"
"xbox2 sold out in Japan in it's first week, says J Allard"
"Analyst predicts xbox2 could take the no1 position in Japan"
"People love the xbox2 microtrancactions , says J Allard"
"Developers love the xbox2 microtransactions, says J Allard"
"xbox2 is the best selling next gen console in christmas 2005"
"We'll be shipping 5 million xbox2 consoles to Japan in 1st quarter of 2005, says J Allard"
"Japanese love the xbox2 microtransactions, says J allard"

Pozer said:
It'll be interesting to see if MS has "stolen" a big franchise like Metal Gear or Resident Evil. Either way i think its safe to assume Xenon is gonna have a much smaller size. I love my xbox but thing looks like it could beat up my VCR.

Well, they're both *more or less* multiplatform already... Only MGS3 hasn't been released on any other platform, and i wouldn't be surprised if it will be released on PC at least, like all MGS games before it.

Same for RE games, only the GC versions were exclusive.

This is to say, both Capcom and Konami are multiplatform, so i see no huge obstacle in releasing their big franchises on MS's consoles.

Devourer said:
pahcman said:
hehe. great news for vgamers. :D

Great news to fanboys. I played japanese games before Microsoft tried to buy the entire world, you know.

I played u.s and japanese games before sony bought up the entire world too you know .

They hardly bought anything.

Sony's strength has always been 3rd Party developers.

If they had bought them, they wouldn't exactly be 3rd Party now, would they! They would be first or second party, like the few studios they own, like Polyphony and Naughty Dog.

All the others are free to release whatever they want on whatever console. Only they decide to release on Sony's hardware because it's obviously more convenient to them.

Sony can't afford to buy the world, instead they guarantee 3rd Party dev support in other ways. They bought some studios, but they hardly ever made a shopping spree in MS-Rare style.

jvd said:
well which japanese developers did ms buy ?

Don't know, i was only commenting on what Sony didn't buy. Don't think MS bought out a lot of studios apart from Rare.

They do seem to buy Souls though :devilish:

sony didn't out right buy them , but i'm sure they bought many developers support , reduced royaltys , flat out payment for titles being exclusive . Crap like that , as the person i quoted was most likely refering to ms doing that as "buying" those developers .

You know like you buy congress man

Back