First Burnout 4 screenshot

Well there's personal preference and then business preference. If these people aren't in a postion to determine what game titles are support each platform, then it sounds more like personal preference to me.

AtariAlum said:
The Xbox 2 version of Godfather has been dumped, unless something has changed very recently. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Burnout has been canned for the Xbox 2 also.

All the EA people I know have pretty much written off the next Xbox. Of course there will still be EA ports of some games, but the PS3 the overarching focus.

AtariAlum said:
I'm sure EA is not dumping the Xbox 2 completely, but it is clear from the friends I have who work there that the mood seems to be not really anti-xbox but more overwhelmingly focused on the PS3. This was a couple months ago, things may have changed since then. I'm not sure Godfather will ever make it to the shelves in out lifetime for any platform, so it may be of no consequence.

Enjoy making up stuff? :LOL:

AtariAlum said:
I'm sure EA is not dumping the Xbox 2 completely, but it is clear from the friends I have who work there that the mood seems to be not really anti-xbox but more overwhelmingly focused on the PS3. This was a couple months ago, things may have changed since then. I'm not sure Godfather will ever make it to the shelves in out lifetime for any platform, so it may be of no consequence.

I'd suggest you get new friends, preferably ones with accurate info.

Back on topic:

Rumor says this shot is from the Xenon version of the game...
(Just like the Godfather screens that were labelled as Xbox 2 "visuals")

AtariAlum said:
Believe what you want.

Considering just a few months ago it was slipped that EA had a couple handful of games being readied for X2 in 2005 I can understand why people may doubt you.

You could be telling the truth, but without naming names, dates, facts, etc... you could be making everything up too. ANYONE can make something up online. e.g.

"My old college roomate is a senior developer at EA. He said that while the PS3 has a lot more theoretical computational power than Xenon, they are having issues with the limited cache size and getting next generation quality code running smoothly across the stream processors. He said CELL is really powerful, but getting games to stream across 8 auxillary processors is a very daunting task, especially considering game code has typically been best designed for a single processor. Because of these problems and the early X2 launch they have been told to refocus and design their games with Xenon as the baseline and they will rework the code the best they can for the PS3 launch next year. He said they are hoping that by 2006 when the PS3 is released there will be some better suited middleware and compilers to make the job easier. By then they will have a better idea of the GPU that will be included (right now they are using 6800 cards). He did mention that if these problems take too long to resolve that we may see the EA pendulum of support swing toward the MS camp".

See, that only took a couple minutes to make up ;) So unless you can give us some verifiable information, it is usually best to keep secrets from friends to yourself until you can either prove them ;) Fact is, a lot of people running around saying they have insider info, and 99% of the times it is lies and they are trolling.

No need, there's already enough people "in the know" that refute his claim of one console getting more support then the next. It's just as I was thinking.

Acert93 said:
"He did mention that if these problems take too long to resolve that we may see the EA pendulum of support swing toward the MS camp".
REALLY?!?!?!

Quick! Someone tell Fuad! Get this Inquirered immediately!

Qroach said:
No need, there's already enough people "in the know" that refute his claim of one console getting more support then the next. It's just as I was thinking.

Q, any word on if Xenon will get Madden this fall? It was not mentioned in the Euro slip up (but then again it was a European audiance, which I assume Madden is not a big deal there). Hopefully X2 will get a next gen version, but I get the idea from the lone press quip about Madden and the PS3 that we may need to wait until 2006 to get one on the X2. Any info on this would be great though :)

Indignant fanboys.

:rolleyes:

EA
Criterion
Renderware
Godfather
Burnout
Xbox 2

If you actually work in the biz there is no way you don't know the wonderfully messy details of the list above.

AtariAlum said:
Indignant fanboys.

Thank you for saving us the effort. I'll present that moniker to you on behalf of the forum.
BTW, most forum goers with at least an equivalent of grade school's education are well aware that actual devs read and post here, who also serve a valuable service for identifying the imposter fanbois. Figure out who it was on you own.

EDIT: Dammit, ERP u gave it away! :p

AtariAlum said:
Indignant fanboys.

EA
Criterion
Renderware
Godfather
Burnout
Xbox 2

If you actually work in the biz there is no way you don't know the wonderfully messy details of the list above.

I know all the messy details.....
But I'll bet that my info on this subject is more accurate and up to date than yours.

Atari Alum is heading for the ban stick at full speed. Whatch your head...

Jeez man, at least figure out who you are talking to in here before calling people ignorant, as certain people "in the know" in this forum, no more about EA and what they are doing then you would expect. If anything at this point you are the one looking ignorant.

Oh, sorry¡¡¡

I was just talking about myself¡¡¡¡

I don't know anything at all about the industry, I just LOVE to read you all and try to understand something. I have learned a lot through the years.

I just tried to ironically express how I hate not knowing about the things you talk when you let small details leak.

ERP said:
I know all the messy details.....
But I'll bet that my info on this subject is more accurate and up to date than yours.

Go right ahead and fill in the details of any or all of the above list - the details are very relevant to this thread.

In one corner we have established real developers at B3D with long posting histories.

In the other corner we have a new poster who claims no first hand knowledge, but has "friends" who work in the industry.

Real Developer info > info from person claiming "friends" are developers

Not to say real developers are never wrong, but they have been dead on in the past. If you want some credibility names, dates, and providing the whole story (not telling others to do so first) would buttress your case a little better.

Back