PlayStation 3 to not be called PlayStation 3

Sonic said:
Why would they call it Blustation when the color is going to be the color of the original Playstation? Just because it has Blu Ray in it doesn't mean it will be called that.

I called the thing RollStation3, The Console You Can Roll Around The Planet, Sticking Things To It, From Desks To Trees To Whole Buildings! and WARGAMES3! The Console That Allows You To Nuke A Middle Eastern Country Of Your Choice, All From Your Livingroom (TM)!!!... I thought it was a given that i'm joking at this point.....

london-boy said:
Sonic said:
Why would they call it Blustation when the color is going to be the color of the original Playstation? Just because it has Blu Ray in it doesn't mean it will be called that.

I called the thing RollStation3, The Console You Can Roll Around The Planet, Sticking Things To It, From Desks To Trees To Whole Buildings! and WARGAMES3! The Console That Allows You To Nuke A Middle Eastern Country Of Your Choice, All From Your Livingroom (TM)!!!... I thought it was a given that i'm joking at this point.....

:oops: You were joking :!:

;)

OK, I finally took a look at the mock-up.

You know, it could just be a simple case that the official logo isn't 'Playstation 3', but 'Playstation Three'.

Even if that isn't the case, the final name is still guessable. They must conform to a few rules
#1 'Playstation' must be part of the name.
#2 The abbreviated form must be short and catchy.

Eg:

Playstation Three (PST)
Playstation Cube(d) (PS3/PS^3) (I still like my own :p )
Playstation: Cell (PSC/PS:C)
Playstation III (PS3) (Basically the official logo isn't the arabic '3', but the roman 'III')
Playstation Gamma(insert greek character) (Actually sounds dumb).

Looking back at this short list, 'Playstation III' feels most credible, followed by 'Playstation Three'. If that's true, you read it here first!

Dropping the Playstation name would be the stupidest thing in the history of advertising ever, and I doubt Sony are that stupid.

Although I honestly don't see what's wrong with PS3. If anyone says they can't name it that because then Xbox 360 would look better, I'm going to have to strangle someone.

Now that I think about it, naming it the PS3 would be a huge risk for Sony because of Xbox 360. Because as all consumers know, 360 > 3, so Xbox 360 > PS3.

;)

It's quite relevant. Let's say the PR and marketing has started. What we will see is this, in advertisements, posters, magazines, etc:

XB 360 .... PS 3

However, with a simple trick:

XB 360 ... PS III

Advantage lost, and the competitor still gets one of the dumbest names in console history.

passerby said:
It's quite relevant. Let's say the PR and marketing has started. What we will see is this, in advertisements, posters, magazines, etc:

XB 360 .... PS 3

However, with a simple trick:

XB 360 ... PS III

Advantage lost, and the competitor still gets one of the dumbest names in console history.

You know, you might be onto something with roman numerals as they look more 'epic'! :p

But didn't they trademark the "3" logo recently?

Cell Station 1:8
Cell Home Server 1:12
Wega TV Cell Engine 1:4
Sony Ericsson C1:2i
Cell Work Station 2:8
Cell Work Station 4:8
Cell Server Rack 64:8
Wintermute 10^10:10^10

PlayStation C
PSC

C as in "Connect" connectivity with various "things"
C as in "Connect" the Sony music(/movie/game)shop
C as in "Cell"
C as in "Convergence"
C as in A, B, C, the third letter in albhabet and thus reminding of 3

nAo said:
This thread deserves to die, NOW

nAo, are you giving an insider hint?

PSN = PlayStation Now? ;)

PSN would work with a lot of variables like PlayStation Network, PlayStation Next, PlayStation Nexus.

Back