Relationship between MS/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:

Just what I thought of as well...;)

Someday a majority of people may be discriminating enough to understand the differences between accusations of wrongdoing and proof of wrongdoing. (Regardless of who the accused might be.) Accusations can be made by anyone at any time for any reason--proving them true is a proposition of a higher order of magnitude altogether...;)

DaveBaumann said:
ondaedg said:
ATI's former CEO and his wife were just found guilty of netting about 7 mil in insider trading back in 2000.

Actually, you are in fact jumping the gun a little there. ATI, the company, have settled with the OSC for the specific charge that pertained to the company, however KY Ho has sought a further adjournment for his charges based on this development.

Ooh, so there could be more fines coming? Hehe.
I guess selling shares 3 days before stockholders announcements can be coincidince. 8)

Tit for tat is the way I see it. These companies are no different.

ondaedg said:
I guess selling shares 3 days before stockholders announcements can be coincidince. 8)

Of course it is. Innocent until proven guilty right. ;) If anybody thinks he's not guilty after all the ruccus in the financial industry in the past few years they must be deluded. The regulatory and compliance arms of the major banks have been exploding because of that nonsense. We are in the middle of an audit and it's a pain in the ass.

trinibwoy on Nvidia financial scandal said:
That wasn't insider trading. The SEC didn't even file any charges against the company. The CFO just made an honest mistake. :LOL:

trinibwoy on ATI financial scandal said:
ondaedg said:

Of course it is. Innocent until proven guilty right. ;) If anybody thinks he's not guilty after all the ruccus in the financial industry in the past few years they must be deluded. The regulatory and compliance arms of the major banks have been exploding because of that nonsense.

So you're saying Nvidia were cheating but got away with it? After all their CFO (a main board member) got fined and banned from serving as an officer of a company.

Oh I'm sorry. Guess I didn't use enough :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: in my earlier post. I think some of you need to go out and get some sunshine. Unless you really want to continue this discussion on which company employs more evil people :devilish:

The CFO at Nvidia was guilty, the former CEO at ATI is probably guilty and lots of other CFO's and CEO's out there who haven't gotten caught yet are also guilty. I was poking fun at some people's notion of Nvidia's evilness - it's not that serious.

trinibwoy said:
I was poking fun at some people's notion of Nvidia's evilness - it's not that serious.
And we're poking fun at the fact that you keep trying to downplay any of nVidia's wrong doings in spite of all the facts. :)

digitalwanderer said:
trinibwoy said:
I was poking fun at some people's notion of Nvidia's evilness - it's not that serious.
And we're poking fun at the fact that you keep trying to downplay any of nVidia's wrong doings in spite of all the facts. :)

Try reading my post again. See that smiley at the end - if you can guess what it means I'll give you a cookie!!! ;)

There's an unusual amount of ATI zealotry on the boards today - what's going on!!!

trinibwoy on Nvidia financial scandal said:
That wasn't insider trading. The SEC didn't even file any charges against the company. The CFO just made an honest mistake. :LOL:

trinibwoy on ATI financial scandal said:
ondaedg said:

Of course it is. Innocent until proven guilty right. ;) If anybody thinks he's not guilty after all the ruccus in the financial industry in the past few years they must be deluded. The regulatory and compliance arms of the major banks have been exploding because of that nonsense.

So you're saying Nvidia were cheating but got away with it? After all their CFO (a main board member) got fined and banned from serving as an officer of a company.

Hey, I am not defending Nvidia. That is where you and I are different. While you will go to great lengths and thousands of posts to fight for ATI's name, I will not for either company especially if they are guilty of something. Fact is, if you reread the post, I said "They are no different". I will continue to look at the facts and the technology, and not become strangely obsessed with their name.

digitalwanderer said:
trinibwoy said:

Note your last line Dig. It says "we're poking fun at the fact that you keep trying to downplay any of nvidia's wrong doings in spite of all the facts."

The key word is "we're". It is the same "we're" that blasts Nvidia day in and day out. It is like a fan club for the obsessed. Move on already. People on this forum don't want to be posted to death by you guys should they like ANYTHING about Nvidia. Neither do I.

digitalwanderer said:
No, it's the same "we" that have perpetually blasted fanboys when they start talking with their blinders on. :rolleyes:

You know all those cults that end up doing some crazy mass suicide bit - they really do believe they're going to a better place. Maybe it's the same with you guys! :LOL:

ondaedg said:
Hey, I am not defending Nvidia. That is where you and I are different. While you will go to great lengths and thousands of posts to fight for ATI's name, I will not for either company especially if they are guilty of something. Fact is, if you reread the post, I said "They are no different". I will continue to look at the facts and the technology, and not become strangely obsessed with their name.

It's not about company names, it's about company behaviour and attitude towards their customers ie me and you and everyone. This is something you seem to be happy to ignore, but seem to want to criticise others who give it meaning.

All I'm going to say is the difference between ATI and nvidia is fairly self evident. Make what you will in interpreting that.

ondaedg said:

It's not about company names, it's about company behaviour and attitude towards their customers ie me and you and everyone. This is something you seem to be happy to ignore, but seem to want to criticise others who give it meaning.

Blah blah blah. You claim you obsess in the name of justice. So predictable....

ondaedg said:
Blah blah blah. You claim you obsess in the name of justice. So predictable....

Blah, blah,blah........ why don't you try to add to the discussion rather than just continually spouting this kind of garbage.

The fabnois come to each other's rescue. It's fun to watch. I wonder what would happen if a Nvidia gang came in here and took over. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back