Doom3 graphics on Xbox/PC

Riddlewire said:
I just got it last week.
I'm not gonna bother debating technical limitations with anyone. Ultimately, that's only important to people who want nothing more than to win an argument.
Here are the key questions:
Does it look good? Hell yes! F'n incredible!
Does it look like a high end PC game? Absolutely.
Are there any performance problems? Nope. Zero. Amazing framerate.
Does it look exactly like the PC version? No, it's running at a lower resolution.
Will anybody notice that while they're playing the game? Yes. Jerks who hate Microsoft for any and all reasons.
Is it a good game? Eh, it's ok. Not worth $50, though.
I played the demo and I think it looks okay. I think CoRiddick looks more "incredible". There seem to be less specular maps in use and I'd assume the normal maps were scaled down considerably, because it seems to have much lower lighting detail. It doesn't look like a high-end PC game, but it's got an apparent edge over most Xbox games (except CoR). The framerate is smooth, and comparable to what you'd get on a low-end video card or a midrange one at a higher resolution. Anybody that's played the PC version of Doom 3 on anything higher than low detail settings will notice the difference. If you liked it on PC, you should like it on Xbox. There's no mods like "duct tape", but it's at least got co-op. The inclusion of a Run button doesn't make a lick of sense when you've got analog movement to begin with. I didn't like the PC version, so I didn't have to play very far to realize I didn't care for the Xbox version.

z said:
there are two games on Xbox: Riddick and Doom3 that look like the PC Doom3 version. and it was amazing to experience such graphics on a console (just got an Xbox). of course, these two games could be the only exception. my question is how close is the two versions of Doom3 for both Xbox and PC, respectively?

Doom 3 for Xbox is an excellent port. Of course, you can't have all the details of the Pc counterpart, but it looks like Doom 3 and is a faithful conversion. The NVidia chipset shows once again it has balls. It is absolutely the best GPU among all present consoles.

Back