Is this the R520? wowo!!!!

Rambler said:
Hmmmm.... "X" ... "Y" was thier a "Z" class spaceship in Starwars?? ...
Yeah, IIRC there were both Z-Wings and A-Wings :)

Huh, there were Y-Wings ( Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing Attack Starfighter ) A-wing ( Dodonna/Blissex RZ-1 A-Wing interceptor ) and B-wings (Slayn & Korpil B-Wing Fighter ) but not Z-wings.

no_way said:
Huh, there were Y-Wings ( Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing Attack Starfighter ) A-wing ( Dodonna/Blissex RZ-1 A-Wing interceptor ) and B-wings (Slayn & Korpil B-Wing Fighter ) but not Z-wings.

Wow...... :LOL:

no_way said:
Rambler said:

I thought I remember hearing they did have Z-Wings in the Extended Universe, but I could be totally wrong. It was something funky. Maybe T-Wing....

I dunno if this has been discussed or not so be kind if it has. :)

Is the general consensus that the R520 is soup'd up R300 tech(ala R420) or is it a brand new core?

SithSolo1 said:
I dunno if this has been discussed or not so be kind if it has. :)

Is the general consensus that the R520 is soup'd up R300 tech(ala R420) or is it a brand new core?
AFAIK general consensus is that R520 is based off of the R300 core, as R420 is based off of the R300 core ....... However, whereas the difference between R300 and R420 was mainly a substantial speed bump (i.e. bumped core/mem clocks, added more pipes, etc.) .. the difference between R420 and R520 is believed to be much more of a feature bump [i.e.: have full FP32 support (probably without partial precision), add full PS/VS 3.0 support (many people believe R520 will even have shader features which go beyond PS/VS 3.0), and there is also a rumour that some kind of new and improved AA mode will be added, etc.]

so.. AFIAK R520 general consensus is that R520 won't be a "brand new core", but R520 will proably be more different from R420 , than 420 was from R300

CMAN said:
no_way said:
Rambler said:

I thought I remember hearing they did have Z-Wings in the Extended Universe, but I could be totally wrong. It was something funky. Maybe T-Wing....
Hoersh-Kessel Drive T-wing Starfighters are in EU, and I believe you mix this "Z-Wing" of yours to Incom / Subpro Z-95 Headhunter starfighter (several models of this basic design out there, in SWG: JTL you get to use Incom/Subpro Z-95-AF4 Headhunter)

Back