Cooperative games on PS2

tuna

Veteran
Hi everybody

I am looking for games that you can play cooperatively for the PS2. Does anybody have any good suggestions?

I have some vague impression that Return of the King is supposed to be pretty good, is this true?

All help is appreciated!

The two just mentioned come highly recommended by me too. Excellent hanck-n-slash'ing. Of course there's also Football. Other than that there isn't much on any platform that I've found to play multiplayer with my mates. :(

TimeSplitters 1 & 2 have coorporate play - although I think I'd have to recomment part 1 over part 2.... I just had so much fun with it (it's a first-person shooter).

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 is also excellent. While arguably the same as part 1 with different story, the extra fun lies in with the additional weapon and fighting mechanics. Being a greatest hits, you can't go wrong...

Return to Arms, the sequel to Champions of Norrath, just came out.

You can play cooperative online.

Co-op Games for Story/main game mode: (not already mentioned)

James Bond Everything or Nothing has 10 co-op missions
Dynasty Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors
Half-Life: Decay
Gradius V
Conflict Desert Storm 2
Kuri Kuri Mix
Ico (2nd run through)
Twisted Metal Black
Pro Evo Soccer
Return of the King
GTA:San Andreas Some 2 player missions
X-Men Legends
Secret Weapons over Normandy Some 2 player missions
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter Some 2 player missions

Can't Demon Stone be played coop too? It would be very strange if it wasn't as there are already three player characters on-screen from the very earliest part of the game...

To this day Fighting Force is still the most fun I’ve ever had playing co-op. Sure, the graphics are craptastic even by PSone standards but if that doesn’t scare you off there’s no reason you shouldn’t find several hours of joy from it.

Phil said:
TimeSplitters 1 & 2 have coorporate play - although I think I'd have to recomment part 1 over part 2.... I just had so much fun with it (it's a first-person shooter).

Eh, you preferred the 1st over the 2nd? The 1st to me felt way too rushed for the PS2 launch.

tuna said:
Hi everybody

I am looking for games that you can play cooperatively for the PS2. Does anybody have any good suggestions?

I have some vague impression that Return of the King is supposed to be pretty good, is this true?

All help is appreciated!
Sometimes the camera angles get in the way, but I enjoyed Return of the King co-op.

Cryect said:
Phil said:

Eh, you preferred the 1st over the 2nd? The 1st to me felt way too rushed for the PS2 launch.

It's really quite strange... even my friend agrees on this - somehow, the first part was just something really special. I'm not sure now anymore why exactly, but I think a few factors could be the reason:

Part 1 is faster in two player mode... while both run at 60fps, I think the walking speed of the various characters is much quicker in part one. Also, the level editor in part 1 was less restrictive (can't really remember if this is correct though, I might be wrong).

I guess it's all personal preference really... somehow, part 1 just faired better in my case...

Back