Very important poll

Which photo should be used for my X-Mas greeting cards?

• Photo 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need a photo without that guy on the right....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Help me decide which photo to use on our Chrismas greeting cards this year! I am actually not terribly fond of either of these, but hey, they could've been a whole lot worse too! Pay no attention to color tone, etc. My scanner isn't all that hot. Just base your decision on the "composition".

xmas2.jpg

Hmm, I prefer the less formal composition of the one on the left (sitting down vs. formal arrangement of you standing) but the green background is better than the whiteish on the left. So I say, take some other ones. ;)

I think you need a photo without that guy on the right ... :p
Ehm, left is more right :p, right seams too old-fashion and patriarchical.

The older of the kids look quite like a kid I know in a similar age, almost as if it were him in the picture.

Joe,
I like the one on the right because there's a natural "flow" as you look from face to face.

BTW I see your youngest takes after you in the hair department :)

It depends...

from artistic viewpoint an One would be better - you know.. White Christmas, snow, happiness.. stuff like that. The other one is too gloomy - wearing dark clothes against dark-green background.

But there is a hidden message in everything ;) . I mean - what do you want to say with your card? Are you a liberal man or a conservative one? :LOL:

Great lookin family, I wish to be as blessed some day. But, why doesn't the wife show her teeth in the smile? The daughter is simply adorable in the right pic, that gets my vote.

I mean - what do you want to say with your card? Are you a liberal man or a conservative one?

Lol! You should read some of the other threads in this forum. Most would probably say I lean a bit to the conservative side. ;)

Seriously, all I really want to say is "Happy Holidays" though!

Great lookin family, I wish to be as blessed some day.

Thanks. I truly do feel blessed myself.

But, why doesn't the wife show her teeth in the smile?

Probably because she doesn't want to completely out-class me. ;) Teeth or not though, it still happened.

The daughter is simply adorable in the right pic, that gets my vote.

Yeah...the problem with that pic is that my son has got a sort-of "As soon as you're done taking the picture, I'm going to finish suffocating this bear to death!" look.

In any case, thanks for all your comments. As it turns out, Sara (my wife) likes picture number 1, so regardless of how this poll turns out, that's going to be it! :LOL:

On a side note, a lot of hub-bub is made on this board about real-time "Toy-Story" quality graphics. As it turns out, Jack was Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. (I'll get a pic up later...) Does he just like the character? Or is he an aspriring 3D architect? ;)

The left one is wonky.. I like it.

You can see how they did the special fx in the right one .. big NO NO! I mean you got chair legs showing man!

And you are too tall lookin' overbearing in the right picture

So I say the left one.. cos it's like wonky (read: tilted slightly).

;) :LOL:

Humus said:

Leave it to the resident Socalist to think of that ;)

Go with the left one Joe IMHO - Cute as hell

Humus said:
I think you need a photo without that guy on the right ... :p

The older of the kids look quite like a kid I know in a similar age, almost as if it were him in the picture.

LOL that would make this rather nice picture matriarcle by the same logic.
BTW Joe nice familly you have there. Cheers.

family.jpg

PS. Sorry Joe for taking liberties with your page. I thought it was a nice little page though. I should do something similair.

Sabastian said:
LOL that would make this rather nice picture matriarcle by the same logic.

Not really. They are almost in the same level so it doesn't give the same impression. The right picture above with Joe standing behind the sitting family gives the impression that Joe is in charge here. It's all psychology. The impression is also strengthened by the fact that most family photos from 19th century and early 20th century are arranged in a similar way to the right picture.

Also, "logic"? I merely made a statement, no reasoning.

Back