Resident Evil 4 on Xbox

firestorm

Newcomer
Ive seen Resident Evil 4 running on my friends GC and all i have to say is WOW, it's pretty good for a Game Cube game, not to mention im a huge fan of the Resident Evil series full stop.

Problem is, i dont own a Game Cube or PS2. I chose an Xbox because i wanted better quality over quantity, which isnt the case these days as more and more games are "downgraded" for the PS2. Game Cube just doesnt have the lineup im looking for (more adult orientated) but this is the first game that has made me wish i owned one.

My question is: How likely do you think it will be that an Xbox version of RE4 will be released? I've heard rumours that one is being developed, and if so, how do you think it would stack up against the GC or PS2 build if they ever did a port? How difficult would it be considering the GC has an ATI chip and the Xbox has an Nvidia one?

Sorry if this has been raised before, but im just curious.

-Firestorm

P.S: Here is a link to a site that says RE4 is coming for Xbox!

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=7945

If you already chose the Xbox for "quality" over "quantity", I suggest you ditch any ideas of waiting for an inferiour port and get a GameCube and enjoy it NOW. ;)

Well the article is old, IGN directly contacted Capcom USA to talk to them about the possibility and were told it was undetermined, and despite a supposed release date around the PS2 version's, not an official peepe has been mentioned.

Also, it's Spong.

firestorm said:
Problem is, i dont own a Game Cube or PS2. I chose an Xbox because i wanted better quality over quantity, which isnt the case these days as more and more games are "downgraded" for the PS2. Game Cube just doesnt have the lineup im looking for (more adult orientated) but this is the first game that has made me wish i owned one.

This is based on the assumption that graphics are the only trait people look for. Even while using your misconception, we see little of an overload of games porting from Xbox to the PS2. Graphics dont make your version of "quality", unless graphics are the only trait you search for. Good luck there.

-Rich

You can surely pick a 2nd hand cheap GC if you look around, wainting months for a port [and doesnt seem like Xbox is getting one] of this awesome game doesnt make that much sense IMO.

Capcom only releases games with dinosaurs or £250 games with giant controller cockpits for Xbox. :LOL: ;)

Seriously now, I don't see why Capcom would release the game on Xbox. It will sell very well on GameCube, and anyone else who wants the game but not on GameCube will buy it on PlayStation 2. The cost of a conversion to Xbox would not be earned back by sales.

do yourself a favor and pick up a gamecube, firestorm. there are plenty of "adult" games on every system, but if you want resident evil, you need a cube. then you can pick up the remake and re:zero as well.

I hate to burst your bubble but the Xbox isn't exactly the god of all consoles. Both the Gamecube and ps2 totally destroy the Xbox in terms of quality. Oh and games doesn't get "downgraded" on the ps2. If a game is ported to the ps2 from Xbox, it is "upgraded". RE4 will never come out for Xbox so get a Gamecube or go play Halo 2 which is suprising decent for a Xbox game.

How does the Gamecube destory the Xbox in terms of game quality? I can understand the PS2 since it has many more games on it and the more games the higher quality. But the Gamecube isn't exactly the home of stellar software. Even Nintendo's own games are lacing compared to how they used to be. There are more games on Xbox, which means there is far more crud but also far more quality games.

When talking quality it is a mistake to use percentages.

Well yeah, what others said. RE4 is officially not coming to Xbox, however that may change later on. Capcom has not been puting their bigger games on Xbox lately though, so you might as well buy the Gamecube if you want to play it now.

And yeah, your definition of 'quality' is pretty weird if you ask me. There are dozens upon dozens highest quality games available only on other two consoles, but I guess if the graphics quality is the only thing you care about, then you made the right choice.

Firestorm , do yourself a favor and buy a 60$ usd used gamecube if your in the usa .

Its worth the money

You can get supersmash bros , zelda , re1 remake (and 2&3) , animal crossing , mario sunshine ,and metriod prime for 20$ each new .

Its worth it .

I'd avoid 2&3 actually. Just play them on their old systems. Those quick-ass ports are pretty rancid. -_- And Code Veronica. Add RE Zero and Eternal Darkness to the survival/horror docket, though.

I do think the likes of Smash Bros, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Sunshine were the kinds of games he was bypassing, though.

The Metroid Primes are quality and as "adult themed" as most games get, though. Not to mention Killer 7 and Geist will be hitting the Cube, if you're of a hankering for shooters.

I would suggest not "fearing the theme" for games, as you tend to overlook good ones that way. And considering most games have tripe for plot and story anyway, you might have more fun with games that are being silly and rediculous with it, rather than dumb and over-the-top trying to appeal to the "mature gamer." :p

Eh i would figure he would want to play great games . Esp cheap great games . I said 2&3 just incase , i actually got part 3 used for 5$ a week ago

Is there really a point to this thread? I mean it has just turned into a 'justify the gamecube' thread, hasn't this been done before?

As for will RE4 turn up on xbox, there is a possibility and I think the Us branch of Capcom wants one but this is only rumor and not the relm of fact. If it was to ported across to xbox I don't think any of the visuals would be scraped at all, as it wasn't really doing anything we haven't seen before in terms of technology.

Jabjabs said:
Is there really a point to this thread? I mean it has just turned into a 'justify the gamecube' thread, hasn't this been done before?

As for will RE4 turn up on xbox, there is a possibility and I think the Us branch of Capcom wants one but this is only rumor and not the relm of fact. If it was to ported across to xbox I don't think any of the visuals would be scraped at all, as it wasn't really doing anything we haven't seen before in terms of technology.

Yes, because the Cube's architectural strengths are "identical" to the XBX's.

What I mean is that, it isn't doing anything amazing in terms of textures, geometry, shaders and animation relative to what we have seen on xbox already. It may have a very efficent use of them but on the hardware side of things there isn't anything that really stands out as not being possible on xbox. If you can show me something then I will take that back but I have yet to see it. This isn't a cheap shot at GC it's just that I don't think it is doing anything that the xbox can't handle.

I agree when the guys say to buy a CUbe JUST for RE4, man, that game worth it and then some. Im on my 5th go round, and passes all the mini games. I wonder if any more unlockables. SIgh, now it;s on to MGS3, got a gamemag showing pics of an unlockable non-Snake related game, whoo-hoo.

Microsoft, HATE THEM, but glad they are in the game, cause they spanked Ken's IMGETTINGARROGANTLIKENINTENDO'S ass back to reality. Nutthin wrong with competition(Unless you usin bitch-like tactics like EA is).
Peace

Jabjabs said:
What I mean is that, it isn't doing anything amazing in terms of textures, geometry, shaders and animation relative to what we have seen on xbox already. It may have a very efficent use of them but on the hardware side of things there isn't anything that really stands out as not being possible on xbox. If you can show me something then I will take that back but I have yet to see it. This isn't a cheap shot at GC it's just that I don't think it is doing anything that the xbox can't handle.

Like SOL on the XBX? While I still believe the vast differences were overexaggerated, Phil opened my eyes & reminded me of some of the more indepth aspects regarding platform-centric engines I hadn't always considered before. Like those system intangibles that don't necessarily appear on the spec-sheet.

Back