PVR5 to be unveiled on the 18th!

TEXAN

Regular
AOU 2005, Sega to reveal next arcade board on 18th feb

Thus PVR5 details and specs to be revealed also!

TEXAN said:
AOU 2005, Sega to reveal next arcade board on 18th feb

:|

if you're lieing I'm going to maim you

Will they play Lemon Jelly, "All the ducks are swimming in the water" too ?

sry the track just started going round and round in my head :/

TEXAN said:
on 18th feb

Pshyeah, RIGHT! I believe it'll happen around when hell freezes over to be frank. :devilish::LOL:

PVR5? Never! Those UK bastards love their secrets way too much, they rather develop 18 more PVR designs and toss the blueprints in the incinerator than let even a single outsider take a look at their stuff... ;)

PowerVR Series 5 technology to be revealed isn't same as revealing PC-product based on the chip...

so, yes, if Sega reveals their arcade board, I guess it could also mean revealing Series 5 specs. But as said, it most likely means nothing new on PC-platform.

though, in the latter matter, I like to be proven wrong.

Guden Oden said:
Pshyeah, RIGHT! I believe it'll happen around when hell freezes over to be frank. :devilish::LOL:

last time someone used that old phrase from another company and their projects, quite soon after that I posted thread called "a few pictures. (no one interested though)", which was slashdotted and got over 65000 hits in 2 days.

I'll hope this is a good sign ;)

Nappe1 said:
But as said, it most likely means nothing new on PC-platform.
That's putting it rather mildly. I'd say there's no way in hell it means diddly squat in terms of anything on the PC. But yeah, we may see what sorts of things a PVR5 can do....but the only problem with comparing this to any imaginary PC part is that the arcade market is rather different from the PC market.

If they wanted a PC part it should have been out long ago.

But as said, it most likely means nothing new on PC-platform.

though, in the latter matter, I like to be proven wrong.

Define "new".

I'd say there's no way in hell it means diddly squat in terms of anything on the PC. But yeah, we may see what sorts of things a PVR5 can do....but the only problem with comparing this to any imaginary PC part is that the arcade market is rather different from the PC market.

I doubt they ever designed more than one piece of hardware, but that's just me. Their resources aren't unlimited.

Guden Oden said:

Hello.jpg

:LOL: Sorry, just thought it appropriate.

US

I heard something about PowerVR5 and 18th Feb too.... shame the voice in my head told me the date is 18th of Feb 2045. D'oh! :LOL: :LOL:

power vr5????
but the website:www.powervr.com,there is nothing about pvr5
it must be the next generation graphics processor .24 pipeline?12vs unit?
it can't be!
i don't think that was ture
mission impossible...

actually assuming its a 8x1 at 400mhz with an average overdraw of 2.5 and you'd get
a fillrate around 9000 greater than the 8640 of the x850

So assuming its a sm 3.0 part even a 8x1 would be enough to stay around the mid to high end graphical parts released now , mabye a 16x1 set up against the r520

jvd said:
actually assuming its a 8x1 at 400mhz with an average overdraw of 2.5 and you'd get
a fillrate around 9000 greater than the 8640 of the x850
That would also be assuming that the x850 has no overdraw reduction techniques, which would not be the case when compared with any current video card.

Back