Play the part of a lawyer in new Capcom DS game.

PC-Engine

Banned
CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES GYAKUTEN SAIBAN FOR NINTENDO DS

LAS VEGAS February 2, 2005 — All rise! Capcom® today announced Gyakuten Saiban (working title) for Nintendo DS, the first in the popular court room battle series from Japan to be released in the US. While the series’ previous three entries appeared on the Game Boy® Advance system in Japan, this marks its debut on the Nintendo DS. Not everyone is innocent until proven guilty! Players star as a defense attorney, who must prove his seemingly guilty client’s innocence no matter how dire the circumstances may seem. The game presents twisting storylines and intriguing gameplay in a comical anime style. Players must collect evidence, weed through inconsistent testimonies, and overcome corrupt agendas to ensure that justice prevails. Capcom plans to release Gyakuten Saiban across North America this summer.

Gyakuten Saiban includes the following features:

Game plays from first person perspective
Two distinct gameplay segments:
Investigation phase – Survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court
Court phase – Present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies, examine witnesses, and determine what is fact from fiction so you can prove your client’s innocence
Colorful cast of characters
Phoenix Wright – the game’s main character who is an accomplished defense lawyer with a keen sense for discerning fact from truth
Maya Fey – a bright young girl that aids Phoenix in his trials; she is learning to harness her psychic powers which will prove useful in a pinch
Mia Fey – an ace attorney who taught Phoenix everything she knows about the courtroom and continues to support him as a mentor
Miles Edgeworth – Phoenix’s arch rival, this slick prosecutor has never lost a case; his intense hatred for criminal behavior drives him to use any means to ensure a guilty verdict

I want this game for my DS along with Puppy Time and MPH. I also recently got Feel The Magic...very fun game. 8)

I thought the detective/adventure genre died in the US? I'm surprised they are taking this risk. But maybe localization and distribution costs for GBA/DS games are lower?

passerby said:
I thought the detective/adventure genre died in the US? I'm surprised they are taking this risk. But maybe localization and distribution costs for GBA/DS games are lower?

Viewtiful Joe didn't sell good at all, but did that stop Capcom from making a sequel? This game is quite big in Japan, so worth a shot at the market here.

Viewtiful Joe didn't sell good at all, but did that stop Capcom from making a sequel? This game is quite big in Japan, so worth a shot at the market here.

Ltd. Viewtiful Joe NA (GC): 291,494
Ltd. Viewtiful Joe JPN (GC): 115k<when last tracked over a year ago
Total sales=406,494

Inaccurate japanese numbers,- the UK, PAL, & EU territory VJ numbers. While I don't expect them to be substantial, 500k worldwide would be quite a feasible estimate. I remember an interview with the then head of Studio 4 Shinji Mikami stating that all of the Capcom 5 titles were developed by small teams, & had limited development budgets. (Excluding RE4) It's safe to say that with this title they made at the least a decent to even a substantial profit. It will easily eclipse 300k+ in Ltd. sales in NA alone this year, as it continues to sell.

Li Mu Bai said:

Ltd. Viewtiful Joe NA (GC): 291,494
Ltd. Viewtiful Joe JPN (GC): 115k<when last tracked over a year ago
Total sales=406,494

Inaccurate japanese numbers,- the UK, PAL, & EU territory VJ numbers. While I don't expect them to be substantial, 500k worldwide would be quite a feasible estimate. I remember an interview with the then head of Studio 4 Shinji Mikami stating that all of the Capcom 5 titles were developed by small teams, & had limited development budgets. (Excluding RE4) It's safe to say that with this title they made at the least a decent to even a substantial profit. It will easily eclipse 300k+ in Ltd. sales in NA alone this year, as it continues to sell.

Oh, I messed sales numbers up, sorry. :oops:

I was thinking about the bad sales of the PlayStation 2 version of Viewtiful Joe (I looked it up, 46,954 units sold) and the even worse sales of Viewtiful Joe 2 (9,306 units sold in North America?). I mixed these up, and thought the sequel did better, my bad.

This game sounds quite intriguing, for those that have played it, how exactly does it play & progress? Are you responsible for finding clues, witnesses, etc. with the help of the psychic?

Back