A Call to Action on Abusive Posters

As I've become more and more active on these forums I have noticed that there is one particularly abusive member. They very rarely contribute anything worth while to a thread, and then flood the thread with continually abusive and degrading remarks towards the other users who are actually attempting to discuss the topic.

While this sort of behavior is typically deemed fine in the General, and the RPSC forums, it has been happening an awful lot in many of the other forums, especially the hardware forums as of lately. I believe this type of behavior is happening far to often from this individual, and actually shouldn't be tolerated from anyone really.

I don't know what sort of action I'm calling for but I think something needs to be done. This individual is killing intelligent conversation, and is creating threads that span 4-5 pages of nothing but him calling people retards while they attempt to discuss and offer alternatives to his original (and only) contribution to the thread.

So I guess I'm begging someone to do something. There have been several interesting threads that myself and probably others would have contributed to if it where not for the childish antics of a single individual.

digitalwanderer said:
Have the admins change his title to "Resident Troll, please ignore"? :|

So digi, how do you deal with people like that on the forums you moderate? Or is that how you deal with them :).

Killer-Kris said:
So digi, how do you deal with people like that on the forums you moderate? Or is that how you deal with them :).
Well that's a horse of an entirely different colour! Over at EB I'd open up a thread in the "No Holds Barred" forum and write up all my angst about the user in question and discuss it with the regulars to see what they thought would be appropriate (and to make sure I wasn't being too subjective in me decision) and I'd take it from there.

That would be AFTER I'd pmed the person more than a few times telling them to stop, it would be a last resort. After some fun public derision of the guy we probably would change his title and give him a chance to change whilst the whole forum is watching him to keep him honest. :)

But that's EB, and we're pretty different there than anywhere else I've been.

I agree that Beyond3D needs to apply the banstick more often, there are a number of posters that are actively disruptive and really don't contribute anything of worth to the forums. The 3d tech and hw forum is kept pretty decent but if you venture into the other parts like say the console forum the level sinks pretty fast.

GameCat said:
I agree that Beyond3D needs to apply the banstick more often, there are a number of posters that are actively disruptive and really don't contribute anything of worth to the forums. The 3d tech and hw forum is kept pretty decent but if you venture into the other parts like say the console forum the level sinks pretty fast.

I always thought the Console forum was treated similarly to the General and the RPSC forums. Could also be why I don't go in their either. :)

And really at least in the other forums than the three listed above, it's really only a few rotten apples that ruin it for everyone. Of course until it comes to the time of the year when everyone is releasing their new parts. Then it seems all hell breaks lose, but the mods deal with it nicely :). We just need the same sort of treatment for the bad apples too.

The number of times I've requested a ban on someone in the console forum it seems to happen in a short amount of time. If the request is overlooked or the same poster is there and causing havoc I will shoot another pm Dave's way.

Well I think I don't have to point out the fact that everything has ended already in that very topic when he arrived and immediately started personal attacks.

And now this somebody comes here to cry...

Go figure.

PS: I wouldn't care actually if he wouldn't be clueless.
As the last posts show, I did not react anything anymore to clueless clowns but I did answer when somebody actually picked an average manner to ask for details.
And viola' - I did so. Of course at the same time it perfectly showed how clueless was most of my attackers.

That's always a problem when you have to deal with loud - which is not a problem - but underprepared - wouldn't be if wouldn't be at the same time - peeps.
PS: Also note my first replies always strictly technical - usually the other party cannot digest he was wrong.

T2k said:
usually the other party cannot digest he was wrong.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

twitch.gif

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

If T2k is who you are referring to then I understand why. If it's a few others I think of then I also understand.

T2k said:
Well I think I don't have to point out the fact that everything has ended already in that very topic when he arrived and immediately started personal attacks.

My intention was to hopefully enlighten you on how you are the exact sort of person you are always claiming everyone else is. But I'm not going to get into that here. Nor will I make the mistake of attempting to explain anything else to you either, since it'll only be lost on you.

PS: Also note my first replies always strictly technical - usually the other party cannot digest he was wrong.

Unfortunately your first reply also tends to be your last reply with anything technical, the rest is nothing but insults and name calling. The exact sort of abuse that this thread was created to hopefully address.

Thank you

Many thanks to who ever may have been involved in solving this problem. I hope you'll be able to sleep happier knowing that you helped make B3D a better place.

Thank you again,
- Chris

Back