Can't find cardbuss gigabit that supports 9000 jumbo frames

BAH,

I can't find any cardbus adapters that support 9000 byte jumbo frames. The Netgear GA511 supports jumbo frames but only up to 3000 bytes. I have found that the Intel(R) 82540EP Gigabit Ethernet Controller supports 9000 byte jumbo frames but I have not found it on any cardbus nics yet.

Are there any network gurus that know of any such beast?

Thankx,
Dr. Ffreeze

Why do you NEED this? Sounds like a geekazoid demand to me, sort of like mobos with memory voltage adjustments in the BIOS or such. :p

Guden,

We have a server that exports 2GB of data quite often. It takes forever! The problem is that it is proprietary and the fastest IO is Cardbus. /grrrr I would rather our engineers not have to wait an hour to finish uploading data so they can start crunching some numbers.

Networking is not my specialty but something has to be faster than what we have now. I am also looking into binding Ethernet adapters. I have not seen to much on that with regards to gigabit and windows 2003 server. I did see that in Linux 4 PCI 100Mbit NICs were faster than 1 PCI 1000MBit NIC in one application so it appears that 1 PCI 1000Mbit NIC does not fully saturate the PCI buss (I do not know if the gigabit NIC was using jumbo frames, which would increase throughput). IF a gigabit cannot 100% fully saturate the PCI bus (I thought it could for) and IF Cardbus (33MHz @ 32bit) is just as fast as PCI, then maybe using dual gigabit NICs would a possible solution if bonding NICs is supported in Windows Server 2003 for more than just redundancy. I really don't know...

Dr. Ffreeze

Back