Is anyone goign to release an LCD monitor for gaming.

technonick

Newcomer
Hercules was supposed to release an lcd monitor for gaming that has higher refresh rates anybody know anything about it

Actually I thought I read sometin about that at firingsquad

Well...in a write up at firingsquad.com I thought I heard about some company that was going to make gaming lcd's. Check through their articles maybe.

Gaming LCDs

Various sites have reviews of Solarism LCDs against other products with fast pixel rates (One example here), but I haven't heard any news on the Hercules product.

I have a handful of friends with both the KDS RAD-5 and RAD-7, and they seem very happy. They both perform well in the latency department. One of those friends is an absolute GOD in Quake 2 lith rail-only instagib +hook. But he's an odd one--he uses a trackball. Last time I played him he kicked my ass (and everyone else's) just as hard as always, and I was running a CRT at 100hz. And I don't suck it either. ;)

Also understand these are the same guys that go to LAN parties every month, so it's not like they only play the occasional game and use their PC's mostly for checking email and web page design or something. They're pretty hardcore gamers.

I'm pretty impressed with my Dell 2000FP, too. After a bit of an adjustment I have no problem keeping up with my old self in CS. I play at a pretty high level. Sure it's not a CRT running 100hz, but damned if it doesn't look so fine running DVI. I'm not sure I could ever go back now.

I'm not really sure refresh is a big deal so much as latency. The difference between 75hz and 85hz on an LCD is moot if the latency is 25ms (which is as low as an LCD gets, for now).

Back