Might be of interest.

@T2k

Perhaps you should stop this lunacy before someone decides to find out the truth about you, and then use these blabberings to destroy your reputation in the real world. I'm sure it would put a smile on the faces of a lot of people here. Although more likely, there is no truth to what you speak. I wouldn't be surprised if you were an compulsive liar.

You see if you were really a professional, then you would demonstrate professionalism, which clearly you do not. I'm taking computer engineering at University of Waterloo in Canada, and part of being an engineer is professionalism. You can have your license revoked by not doing it.

DudeMiester said:
@T2k

Perhaps you should stop this lunacy before someone decides to find out the truth about you, and then use these blabberings to destroy your reputation in the real world.

Since you are a newcomer, probably that's why you're sooo clueless,: I did post long time ago who I am.

If you're clueless, ask first, OK? :rolleyes:

I'm sure it would put a smile on the faces of a lot of people here.

:?:
Dunno why people would smile on my CTO position but I believe you that some of them may would smile...

/me whispers: another kookoo...

Although more likely, there is no truth to what you speak. I wouldn't be surprised if you were an compulsive liar.

You just spinned out from nothing with all of your 18 posts to post idiotic provocations like this?
Pathetic, at least.

You see if you were really a professional, then you would demonstrate professionalism, which clearly you do not. I'm taking computer engineering at University of Waterloo in Canada, and part of being an engineer is professionalism.

ROTFL! :LOL:
Kid, go back to the dorm, it's too late and nobody wants to read these silly comments, believe me.

You can have your license revoked by not doing it.

Then perhaps you should first finish your first school before you start yakyak about pros? :rolleyes:
When you've done and had 10+ years experience, you may come back.
BTW even if you've done, you'll be still shorter than me with one grad profession at least. :p

PS: In case it's never emerged in the shady rooms of Waterloo, there are bunglers out there. They are typically the people who can harm the most with their retarded half-truth and such.
You know, people like college-dropouts or people who are "taking computer engineering"...

PS: In case it's never emerged in the shady rooms of Waterloo, there are bunglers out there. They are typically the people who can harm the most with their retarded half-truth and such.

The irony is strong with this one. :LOL:

ANova said:
There you go again with your assumptions. You know absolutely nothing about me, or what I like, or what I own to be making such statements.

Hmmm... "assumptions"...

Interestng... Albu uses the same sentences, same words like you do... both of you pretty slow on the same part, the logical part usually...

Interesting... perhaps just several accidents in a row... :?:

ANova said:

The irony is strong with this one. :LOL:

Wow, I'm impressed.

Self-irony from ANova?

OZ must exists, I knew it.

Back to business here as well - an interesting read for starters on the original subject: http://www.informit.com/guides/guide.asp?g=windowsserver

I like its introduction... :D

It may be 2005 to you, but it's still 2003 every week in the Windows Server 2003 Reference Guide. So take a trip with me in the time machine, back to a time when people still watched NBC, when Michael Moore was a respected filmmaker, when cell phones still came in black-and-white, and when a Microsoft product was released during the year of its name.

8)

The link provided an interesting read. Thanks.

As a simple user, even tho I've been going since we used to complain that MSDos 3 was crap & programming when we still put numbers in front of the lines, it didn't provide anything helpful apart from a list of several books to read/purchase. I'm mean, I refuse to part with money for a computer book.

I'm wondering if somebody with the knowledge & time would post an install/setup guide that was easy to follow for the lazy/ignorant user like myself?

If any one will take up the challenge I'm intersted in seeing a guide for somebody who doesn't want any sort of network, simply have internet access/e-mail & be able to play single player games under XP. :)

Albuquerque said:
2senile said:
While the previous posts have been highly entertaining & amusing I'm wondering if everybody would agree that the best solution for the users of a home PC, with no experience, would be to become educated about the hazards of the WWW & to browse/download/install accordingly? :?

..... & to keep security software up to date?

........ & not to disable security software in order to install questionable software?

.... etc? ;)

That of course would be the best ideal, in a perfect world. In reality, home users will find little tools that interest them -- such as screensaver programs, tool bars, online games, etc -- and will likely "forget" the training you go through with them.

By using local or group policy, you can limit the user's ability to make judgement errors several ways. You can limit their influence over the local drives, their ability to visit certain sites, their options for installing / configuring / removing programs, among a ton of other things. Machine or user policies take a little bit of getting used to, but they're incredibly effective.

Thanks for the input. :)

As I said in an earlier post tho, I really have no right to restrict what they can do on their "property" (their computer). I'm not too worried if they screw up again; I ended up with 48 cans of Carlsberg for helping them out. :LOL:

2senile said:
The link provided an interesting read. Thanks.

As a simple user, even tho I've been going since we used to complain that MSDos 3 was crap & programming when we still put numbers in front of the lines, it didn't provide anything helpful apart from a list of several books to read/purchase. I'm mean, I refuse to part with money for a computer book.

I'm wondering if somebody with the knowledge & time would post an install/setup guide that was easy to follow for the lazy/ignorant user like myself?

So you refuse to pay even for a book but rather have somebody who did so and type here the essence of his book?

Kinda weird attitude...

If any one will take up the challenge I'm intersted in seeing a guide for somebody who doesn't want any sort of network, simply have internet access/e-mail & be able to play single player games under XP. :)

Plenty of guides are available online. Check PCWorld, PC Magazine and similar magazine's sites.

Back