Might be of interest.

It's almost humorous how badly you want to be right T2k, it's too bad that your comments are so incredibly irrelevant to the discussions we've been having.

You've been proven wrong probably a dozen times in both threads that I've seen you in. The only proof you have of "rightness" is your own opinion, you can't even so much as back it up with online references. And your utterly egotistical and thoroughly illogical analysis of the office operation I presented further proves that fact :)

And as even more proof of your egotistical ways, you want to have a "fight" about how you're better than me because you're involved in conferences about deeply technological concepts at your job. Unfortunately, since you don't have the absolute first clue what I do for a living, nor who I work for, nor what position I hold, you really don't have any way to compare yourself to me.

This is what we call "swinging your e-penis" in the american online community. The only people that concern themselves with such nonsense are teenagers and people with inferiority complexes that feel they must somehow prove themselves dominant over everyone else. So tell us exactly, which of those two categories do you fall into?

Good show, yet again :rolleyes:

As for ANova and I being the same person? Sure, anything is possible. You could be Dave Bauman's alternate egotrip... But I think a quick search of our prior posts pretty convincingly disproves any such idiotic thought.

It's too bad that your postings only relate to your ego and need for acceptance. If you actually used your brain for positive thought output, I'm sure you could be a valued member of this forum! You might even go so far as to earn actual respect from the members here! WHat a thought!

DudeMiester said:
@T2k

I don NOT mean this as an insult, but generally speaking it's easier to get your point across if you don't resort to verbal abuse. Also, presenting detailed counter arguements and explainations as to why the points you are arguing are wrong is a very good method of furthering your argument. Simply stating your opinion with nothing to back it up is a very bad idea. Keeping these guidelines will make you much more successful in discussions.

Which "idea" I should "back up", by the way? :rolleyes:
Anybody who ever seen a W2k/W2k3 domain or knows WTF is a domain knows I am right when I said that's the perfect solution for his situation.
Anybody who ever seen a Windows machine from closer knows not having installed ANY patch is the stupidest thing you can ever do to your machine.
Et cetera, et cetera...

If you check my first answer, that's strictly technical. I always do this way.

FYI: I am NOT a course teacher - I only provide the guidelines, he does his homework and when he's done, he comes back and thank you for me to show him the right direction for free.
I used to charge pretty high fee per incident or per hour base when I did consulting - and that's the only case when I will explain step-by-step anything.
I do HELP for free - but sorry, I do not work for free.

Now as for my evidence to support what I say:

Well, please don't be offended, but this is my 7th post on these forums,

Welcome to B3D. I dunno precisly but I'm somewhere close to my 4000th post. 8)
You'll see it's a 'hot' place. ;)

I've never seen you before, but you already look like an idiot.

It's a very simple world view you have, don't you think?

FYI: it's telling if you are seriously do judge people this way on daily basis...

By form alone I would never believe you.

I'm very disappointed... Tough luck.
I'm a professional and I don't like bunglers like this guy, and I especially hate when these clueless folks start spreading their BS, pretending/convincong enough towards people like you (non-experts) they're "smart enough" to give 'good' advices on the subject.

I truly believe If these people would have always corrected immediately, they urban legends would have been cleared right in time, we would have to deal with 25-33% less distributed attacks etc.

Albuquerque said:
bunch of utter yakyakyak to cover he's been caught on his 2nd clueless crappy story within ~48 hours

It is not me who just proved within two days he doesn't have any idea about:

1. Mac OS X, OpenGL (Mac vs PC), CG/3D by general
2. WIndows OS and networking by large, security whatsoever.

Everything else is just yakyak and I don't care, frankly.

You are the classic BUNGLER. You are so ignorant on the subject that you need "online reference" for such obvious, well-known things like why a domain is EXACTLY the perfect solution for such networks you described or why the biggest joke your idea about "no patch installed on Windows at all"...

PS: it's wasting bandwidth to write too long because I stopped this last one at your first sentence when you've just made my point AGAIN: "it's too bad that your comments are so incredibly irrelevant to the discussions we've been having" - it's really funny actually, it's the perfect example what happens when somebody gets involved in a debate without proper knowledge to do so but still wants to challenge the other, well-prepared one. :D

It is not me who just proved within two days he doesn't have any idea about:

1. Mac OS X, OpenGL (Mac vs PC), CG/3D by general
2. WIndows OS and networking by large, security whatsoever.
Again with the assumptions. I've already proven you completely wrong with your inept response to why a 6800U is "lower" than an X800XT, especially on a Mac. You don't have to be a Mac genious to figure it out, hell you don't have to be a PC genius to figure it out. But somehow you still completely missed it. Again.

As for point two, I know exactly how Windows OS patching works and why it's a good idea. It was you who ASSUMED that I was speaking about my own day-job employment, again incorrectly. The story I told is of an office that I help with on occasion because my father works there. The management chooses not to centrally manage or create a domain or install patches or to use anything but Windows XP home OS. They do so for their own reasons, and yet those machines are still just as stable as they'd ever need. But you and your assumptions and your egotistical way of "My way is the best and no other way is acceptable" just cannot accept that, right?

You are the classic BUNGLER. You are so ignorant on the subject that you need "online reference" for such obvious, well-known things like why a domain is EXACTLY the perfect solution for such networks you described or why the biggest joke your idea about "no patch installed on Windows at all"...
Quite the opposite. I use online reference to ensure that you know what I'm talking about, so it leaves you absolutely no room to misinterpret. It also gives people who are new to the concept other ideas and references outside of my own opinions, unlike you. Unfortunately, you provide only your illogical opinions and feel it necessary to force your views on anyone who doesn't agree. It is you who are the bungler, because you stretch the story to fit your tastes and then lamblast anyone who doesn't agree. Sorry, but that's incorrect.

it's the perfect example what happens when somebody gets involved in a debate without proper knowledge to do so but still wants to challenge the other, well-prepared one.
Yes, your innane, illogical, blathering, egotistical remarks are simply the best example of this that you could have ever provided. Thank you for your value-less input :)

Yakyakyak.

albu's most ridiculously clueless advice on topic said:
Using only the built-in Windows XP firewall from the original install (no service pack) and leveraging absolutely zero windows updates along with Symantec Client Security package, those machines have uptimes in the 100+ days and have given us exactly ZERO issues over two years.

You are ONE CLASSIC B_U_N_G_L_E_R.

PS: Clueless, stupid bungler who doesn't even understand industry terms, nothing. DANGEROUS BUNGLER WITH COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.
I hate bunglers like you - you guys are the most malicious users, due to your utter lack of knowledge paired with unlimited confidence.

While the previous posts have been highly entertaining & amusing I'm wondering if everybody would agree that the best solution for the users of a home PC, with no experience, would be to become educated about the hazards of the WWW & to browse/download/install accordingly? :?

..... & to keep security software up to date?

........ & not to disable security software in order to install questionable software?

.... etc? ;)

2senile said:
While the previous posts have been highly entertaining & amusing I'm wondering if everybody would agree that the best solution for the users of a home PC, with no experience, would be to become educated about the hazards of the WWW & to browse/download/install accordingly? :?

Good point.

Sorry, but Albu said no Windows updates whatsoever. WHy don'[t you believe him that's the best way? :devilish:

........ & not to disable security software in order to install questionable software?

.... etc? ;)

Well...

Sorry, but Albu said no Windows updates whatsoever. WHy don'[t you believe him that's the best way? Twisted Evil

There may be circumstances where no Windows updates would work. For example, something not connected to the internet or a Linux box. ;)

Honestly, if there is a closed intra-net system I suppose there would be no need for "critical" updates. Can't see anybody using a totally closed system tho but if anybody can enlighten me I'd be grateful.

2senile said:
Sorry, but Albu said no Windows updates whatsoever. WHy don'[t you believe him that's the best way? Twisted Evil

There may be circumstances where no Windows updates would work. For example, something not connected to the internet or a Linux box. ;)

Honestly, if there is a closed intra-net system I suppose there would be no need for "critical" updates.

Only if it completely sealed from outside work, including no removable drives. But in that case the whole question is obsolete because there's no way to get in or out from that machine anything. :)

Can't see anybody using a totally closed system tho but if anybody can enlighten me I'd be grateful.

Well, partially used in video editing field if no need for worgroup file exchange but critical OS updates still installed, guided by the given editing system vendor (like Avid has its manual what to do, how to remove if you have one particular update installed which shouldn't be installed etc).

T2k said:
Only if it completely sealed from outside work, including no removable drives. But in that case the whole question is obsolete because there's no way to get in or out from that machine anything. :)
Could it be possible that you of all people may have assumed incorrectly again? :)
Using only the built-in Windows XP firewall from the original install (no service pack) and leveraging absolutely zero windows updates along with Symantec Client Security package, those machines have uptimes in the 100+ days and have given us exactly ZERO issues over two years.
Where did I say these machines belong to me? Can you point that out? Where did I say that I am the one who made the decision to do it this way. Can you point that out too?

Assumptions get you nowhere, just about as far as your ego and your illogical thought process.

2senile said:

.... etc? ;)

That of course would be the best ideal, in a perfect world. In reality, home users will find little tools that interest them -- such as screensaver programs, tool bars, online games, etc -- and will likely "forget" the training you go through with them.

By using local or group policy, you can limit the user's ability to make judgement errors several ways. You can limit their influence over the local drives, their ability to visit certain sites, their options for installing / configuring / removing programs, among a ton of other things. Machine or user policies take a little bit of getting used to, but they're incredibly effective.

Albuquerque said:
T2k said:
Could it be possible that you of all people may have assumed incorrectly again? :)

:rolleyes: What has been assumed here???
:oops:

You are simply incapable to understand any abstaraction. It's amazing.

Where did I say these machines belong to me? Can you point that out? Where did I say that I am the one who made the decision to do it this way. Can you point that out too?

LOL, what a lame excuse, very embarrasing.

Assumptions get you nowhere, just about as far as your ego and your illogical thought process.

Go away now, troll.

T2k said:
What has been assumed here???
Gee, let me think... Oh, probably this part right here:
Yes indeed. Quite embarrasing for you to be proven wrong so many times in such a short thread. :)

T2k said:

What's lame are your pethetic responses. What's amazing is your lack of intelligence.

ANova said:
T2k said:

What's lame are your pethetic responses. What's amazing is your lack of intelligence.

Well, I think it's kinda OT but should I continue quoting your PMs? :p

You know, those with "dumbass", moron" "i couldn't fuckin care more" and the rest of them before I told you to get lost or I'd call a mod? :rolleyes:

T2k said:
/me starts whistling: Troll, bungler, troll, bungler....
Nothing else you can retort with, eh T2k? Must suck to have your ego hit rock bottom only because of a simple online forum :)

T2k said:
ANova said:
T2k said:

You know, those with "dumbass", moron" "i couldn't fuckin care more" and the rest of them before I told you to get lost or I'd call a mod? :rolleyes:

Doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. In your own words, you've already embarrassed yourself, might as well do it again no? And I specifically remember you claimed to have deleted my PMs. I guess not.

Why don't you post your PMs as well so the crowd can get a sense of the bigger picture.

ANova said:
T2k said:
ANova said:
T2k said:

Doesn't change the fact that what I said is true.

No, it's a classic teenie whining about some favourite piece of hardware and claiming his penis is bigger... doesn't make any sense, you're way uninformed to see any ovjectively any bigger picture, as you rpoved here already:

In your own words, you've already embarrassed yourself, might as well do it again no? And I specifically remember you claimed to have deleted my PMs. I guess not.

AS usually, you're pretty slow or deliberately lying: I never said such things.

Here's what I've sent you in my last PM:

from my last PM to ANova said:
From this point I'll delete all your PMs without reading it. If you'll keep bothering me, I'll request moderator action against you, your PMs.

Surprisingly we have another contradiction between reality and your words... again. What a suprise. :rolleyes:

Why don't you post your PMs as well so the crowd can get a sense of the bigger picture.

Namely which one? This one?

ANova said:
T2k said:
Lol... silly little boy. Smile Go and figure what latin text said and why I said that... Laughing

I'll put it in simple words for you.

I..DON'T..GIVE..A..FUCK. Dumbass.

PS: As I wrote by PM: enough from this circus. Get lost, kid.
IGNORE=on

No, it's a classic teenie whining about some favourite piece of hardware and claiming his penis is bigger... doesn't make any sense, you're way uninformed to see any ovjectively any bigger picture, as you rpoved here already:

There you go again with your assumptions. You know absolutely nothing about me, or what I like, or what I own to be making such statements.

Namely which one? This one?

PS: As I wrote by PM: enough from this circus. Get lost, kid.
IGNORE=on

That was one of my responses to one of your responses which you only posted part of. And yes, I began to play your game. Obviously you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Back