multiplayer vs single player?

/RANT

Man, I use to like these forms because of the intelligent topics and conversations that occurred on a daily basis. Not sure what has happened but comments like these to a topic, regardless of spelling or grammer is really out of the question and goes a long long way to showing how far these forms have degraded.

Please, if you do not have anything nice to say please do not say it at all. Keep it to yourself as I am sure the majority of people who come to these forms do not want to read them.

/END RANT

suhim said:
sngle player vs multiplayer ?
wht is most funnn?
Single player is nice, but on most games, it's really repetitive after a while. On Halo 2, single player is always entertaining, the AI always does something different.

Online it depends on whom you're playing with. Retarded a-holes aren't very fun. When you're not with those types, it's indescribable :D

Fox5 said:
Why choose when you can have CO-OP?

As in multiplayer online games with several humans on each side? So you play cooperatively with members of your team but you compete against other humans.

There haven't been enough of such games on consoles. They seem to be limited to games like SOCOM and other shooters. Racing games are multiplayer/multiconsole but it's not really cooperative (maybe you could have a NASCAR type game where teammates block opponents to let each other win).

The upcoming NBA Street Vol. 3 is suppose to let you play 3 vs. 3 online with 5 other "live" players, which presumably means humans on other consoles?

Do today's consoles and broadband connections have the power and bandwidth to host multiple connections and provide a smooth experience?

Will they in the next generation?

wco81 the power easily exists to make playing any game online a smooth experience. The problem is the power or ability rather the crappy ISP and networks the world is plagued with when it comes to the internet. Outside of a developer making a poor netcode can't think of one element that can make playing a game online bad. As for Evil Cloud why wait when you can do so on the pc already?

Me I prefer multiplayer over singleplayer. Last few years best memories of playing games came from multiplayer whether it be at a tourney or lan. Single player is still fun for me, but I simply lack the time.

theafu said:
wco81 the power easily exists to make playing any game online a smooth experience. The problem is the power or ability rather the crappy ISP and networks the world is plagued with when it comes to the internet. Outside of a developer making a poor netcode can't think of one element that can make playing a game online bad. As for Evil Cloud why wait when you can do so on the pc already?

Me I prefer multiplayer over singleplayer. Last few years best memories of playing games came from multiplayer whether it be at a tourney or lan. Single player is still fun for me, but I simply lack the time.

I already do so on pc, but I was talking console. ;)

Fodder said:
wco81 said:
As in multiplayer online games with several humans on each side?
Nah, co-op. Multiple humans vs. AI.

That still would require connecting multiple consoles to a host console.

All these modes (another one is "spectator" mode) put the same stresses on processing power and bandwidth.

Back