Hilarious! :) The Mac mini review @ Ars

T2k said:
/me starts whistling: Troll, bungler, troll, bungler....

You're a very unfun person. I bet you win all your arguments in real life as everyone must give up in frustration.

Cute, isn't he?

OK.....

Hilarious. He REALLY believed I mispelled it, didn't he?

Yeah, I actually did. You know why? Because most people that spell a simple word like loser as luzer are 12 year old net kids with IQs equal to that of mayonayse. As you continue to post it's becoming apparent that my analogy isn't all that far off.

anaqer said:
*hands out happy flowers*
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm having a fabulous time! I haven't had this much fun in a forum since my days over on SomethingAwful.com -- or maybe ClubSi OffTopic ;)

Albuquerque said:
anaqer said:
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm having a fabulous time! I haven't had this much fun in a forum since my days over on SomethingAwful.com -- or maybe ClubSi OffTopic ;)

He just have made my point again - go away, bungler troll. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

T2k said:
<senseless babble removed>
Oh I'm sorry, what was that? I thought you said you were ignoring me? Can't let it go when you're wrong, can ya? :) Maybe your ego simply doesn't allow it?

RussSchultz said:
T2k said:
He just have made my point again - go away, bungler troll. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well, nobody's quite as good of a troll as you are.

So I'd wear that "bungler troll" badge with honor.

Loook, it's talking!" :LOL:

How cute! :LOL: :LOL:

PS: Russ, Russ, you've been embarrassed in the Politico section and now you're coming here, hoping in a revenge?:rolleyes:
It's really pathetic and also awful: nobody ever projected his Politico-related problems here.

Pitiful, pathetic - it's telling about you.

MasterBaiter said:
This thread has devolved into a bunch of howler monkeys with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

This thread proves that there are plenty of warm fuzzy left to share when there is a debate discussing MAC/Windows platforms. A new product line from Apple would not be official without it!

Acert93 said:
MasterBaiter said:
This thread has devolved into a bunch of howler monkeys with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

This thread proves that there are plenty of warm fuzzy left to share when there is a debate discussing MAC/Windows platforms. A new product line from Apple would not be official without it!

:devilish: :devilish: :devilish: Well said. :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Ignoring the trolling...

I went to the apple store today and saw the iPod Shuffle and the Mac Mini.

The iPod Shuffle wasn't too mind blowing (for several reasons), though its probably the lightest Mp3 player I've seen yet.

The Mac Mini, however, was pretty impressive, at least industrial design wise. It was smaller than many hardback books I have, and not much larger than a full sized 5 1/4 inch drive.

Wow. If somebody could make a reasonable Pentium M based product just like that, I'd have no problem buying one for my home office, and especially for my home theater room.

Or kids room, or...

Oh yeah, and it couldn't cost $1000 bucks all decked out, either.

BTW, does the mac mini have an agp port? Apple makes their own motherboards so I don't know if they could have ati integrated graphics, a low profile video card might fit in the mac mini.

I highly doubt it has anything more than an IGP with 32MB RAM soldered onto the MB. In fact, I doubt it so much, I'll give the idea a "heh."

Heh. :)

Let me ask the obvious, tho: can you even see an expansion slot bracket in the back of the unit? I don't even think there's enough room for one, what with the whole shebang "not much larger than a ... 5 1/4 inch drive."

T2k, I don't know why you come here? The vast majority of your posts are nothing but garbage. You attack people for not knowing their facts, but make some incredibly stupid comments of your own.

Now then I don't know if the halo is playable on 256MB ram and a radeon 9200(se?). It's a console port, so it shouldn't require too much ram,

Shocked
Suuure, they just ported from Xbox to Mac, which is OpenGL only, right?

Well when you're talking about memory, what does the api have to do with anything? The models, maps, and textures all take up the same amount of space.

PS: Incredible amount of cache? WHat's wrong with you? Xeons come with even 2MB of cache... FYI: large cache is always a definite sign of something suxc with memory controller, namely slow access, high latency - just like in case of the goodol' G4 with its archaic slow subsystem.

Then you spout drivel like this, ever stop to think that Intel just has excess fab capacity and wants to make the best use of it? Or in the case of Itanium where they did away with a huge amount of the transistors involved in decoding/scheduling freeing up space, and then used it for cache to help make up for being an in order design.

Large caches are not necessarily an indication of a poor design. If you can make 30% (as a simple example) of the die either cache or a memory controller and get the same performance, give me the cache any day. It's alot easier to design, and make redundant.

Since most of the operating system doesn't really need to be active while running a game, can't it be stored in virtual memory and free up most of the real memory for Halo? Halo's code shouldn't take up much more than 64MB of ram, which leaves the rest for whatever else the OS needs to run the game. Halo PC only requires 128MB of ram and halo had segemented levels so it shouldn't be a ram hog.

I suggest you to read more on this subject to avoid posting more and more silly atuff like this: "Since most of the operating system doesn't really need to be active while running a game," Wink

I really think you need to take your own advice and read more about the subject. Please pull out your old operating systems books, it's called demand paging and all modern OSs I'm aware of do it. Why wouldn't this be the case with OSX or was it that poorly programmed?

Anyways, while all of this definitely seemed like a personal attack, I hope you can maybe see it for what it is; a light shined on how you're a massive hypocrite by attacking people for being stupid when you turn around and make equally moronic statements.

Edit: Replaced the layman's term for demand paging with the "correct" term.

Killer-Kris said:
T2k, I don't know why you come here? The vast majority of your posts are nothing but garbage. You attack people for not knowing their facts, but make some incredibly stupid comments of your own.

If you're clueless, my sonb, why are you pretend you aren't? :rolleyes:

Now then I don't know if the halo is playable on 256MB ram and a radeon 9200(se?). It's a console port, so it shouldn't require too much ram,

Shocked
Suuure, they just ported from Xbox to Mac, which is OpenGL only, right?

Well when you're talking about memory, what does the api have to do with anything? The models, maps, and textures all take up the same amount of space.

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

You SERIOUSLY don't know what I was talking about, do you?

:rolleyes: Cluless troll.

PS: Incredible amount of cache? WHat's wrong with you? Xeons come with even 2MB of cache... FYI: large cache is always a definite sign of something suxc with memory controller, namely slow access, high latency - just like in case of the goodol' G4 with its archaic slow subsystem.

Then you spout drivel like this, ever stop to think that Intel just has excess fab capacity and wants to make the best use of it? Or in the case of Itanium where they did away with a huge amount of the transistors involved in decoding/scheduling freeing up space, and then used it for cache to help make up for being an in order design.

Large caches are not necessarily an indication of a poor design. If you can make 30% (as a simple example) of the die either cache or a memory controller and get the same performance, give me the cache any day. It's alot easier to design, and make redundant.

WHen you puke out somthing like this did you bother yourself to think WHY ON EARTH ACTUALLY ITANIUM, XEON AND ALL OF THEM HAS ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF CACHE?

FYI, young clueless warrior: I DO HAVE Itaniums since the beginning - stop talking out of your bottom part.

Since most of the operating system doesn't really need to be active while running a game, can't it be stored in virtual memory and free up most of the real memory for Halo? Halo's code shouldn't take up much more than 64MB of ram, which leaves the rest for whatever else the OS needs to run the game. Halo PC only requires 128MB of ram and halo had segemented levels so it shouldn't be a ram hog.

I suggest you to read more on this subject to avoid posting more and more silly atuff like this: "Since most of the operating system doesn't really need to be active while running a game," Wink

I really think you need to take your own advice and read more about the subject. Please pull out your old operating systems books, it's called demand paging and all modern OSs I'm aware of do it. Why wouldn't this be the case with OSX or was it that poorly programmed?

[/quote]

You are painfully clueless, so I suggest to do the same: read a little bit.

Anyways, while all of this definitely seemed like a personal attack, I hope you can maybe see it for what it is; a light shined on how you're a massive hypocrite by attacking people for being stupid when you turn around and make equally moronic statements.

Actually no I don't really take it anyhow, except another stupid morn troll trying to be the lead dancer in this troll parade.

Edit: Replaced the layman's term for demand paging with the "correct" term.

WHich has still nothing to do with our conversation.

Go away, troll.

anaqer said:
Aw, happy flowers!
kissing.gif

Thanks, I needed that.

Back