Resident Evil Reviews

Is this thread gonna get bumped with "GC-Forevah.com gave RE4 a 99%!!!" posts till people stop reviewing the game? Cause on Gamerankings some games have some 100 reviews attached to them.....

Johhny without Halo XBox would have failed like Dreamcast.
Instead it failed like... the Xbox. With Halo. And Halo2. And big bouncing boobs.

function said:
Teasy said:

You mean that MS would have pulled the plug on it, fearing bankruptcy?

No you see, the Xbox is part of MS's vision to embrace PC and consoles in one point in the space-time dimension. They would never pull the plug, it would be like pulling the plug on Windows cause version 1.0 sucked. And 3.1 too. And 95. And 98. And 2000. And XP.

london-boy said:
function said:
Teasy said:

No you see, the Xbox is part of MS's vision to embrace PC and consoles in one point in the space-time dimension. They would never pull the plug, it would be like pulling the plug on Windows cause version 1.0 sucked. And 3.1 too. And 95. And 98. And 2000. And XP.

Diss the 3.1. And the 95. Even the 98. Even (especially) ME. But XP has become my friend.

function said:
Teasy said:

Sega has never faced a possible bankruptcy my friend, CSK was always there to back the company up, until the death of CSK's Okawa in 2001.

Sega's consoles might have failed, but the company was never in real danger.

london-boy

Is this thread gonna get bumped with "GC-Forevah.com gave RE4 a 99%!!!" posts till people stop reviewing the game?

Why, do you want it to be?.. Res Evil 4 only has 7 reviews so far. So its hardly crazy to post all of the first 10 or so reviews in a thread called "Resident Evil reviews" now is it? :D

function

No I was going by Johnny's comment on GC, which obviously would not have bankrupt Nintendo. So I assume he merely meant that the system would have died at around 10 million or so (like the Dreamcast).

Teasy said:
Why, do you want it to be?.. Res Evil 4 only has 7 reviews so far. So its hardly crazy to post all of the first 10 or so reviews in a thread called "Resident Evil reviews" now is it? :D

Moi? Mais non!
:D

No I was going by Johnny's comment on GC, which obviously would not have bankrupt Nintendo. So I assume he merely meant that the system would have died at around 10 million or so (like the Dreamcast).

It kinda did, it's been in intensive care ever since the 10th million unit was sold. MS just can't switch the breathing machines off.

In life ,we have good and bad, in gaming we have Sony,Nintendo,Microsoft and maybe some day someone Replenishes sega from the deep caves where atari has digested flames of uninspiration for generations. God damn guys , you just cant help it :LOL:
But i still love you for that :oops:

I think some of my remarks are being misinterpreted. There are very few Xbox owners who bought the Xbox for Halo and then decided they didn't care for any of the other exclusives on the system, but there are many Cube owners that bought the Cube just for Nintendo's games. Besides, only 1/3 of Xbox owners own Halo anyway.

Nintendo fans just don't want to accept that the marketplace at large is generally disatisfied by a console with a thin sports lineup, no great driving games, no 3D fighters, and B-list Japanese RPGs. The only real draw to Cube is Nintendo's games for kids (that many hardcore gamers enjoy as well) that generally don't even register on the radar for most casual gamers.

Resident Evil is too little, too late IMO.

Johnny Awesome said:
I think some of my remarks are being misinterpreted. There are very few Xbox owners who bought the Xbox for Halo and then decided they didn't care for any of the other exclusives on the system, but there are many Cube owners that bought the Cube just for Nintendo's games. Besides, only 1/3 of Xbox owners own Halo anyway.

Nintendo fans just don't want to accept that the marketplace at large is generally disatisfied by a console with a thin sports lineup, no great driving games, no 3D fighters, and B-list Japanese RPGs. The only real draw to Cube is Nintendo's games for kids (that many hardcore gamers enjoy as well) that generally don't even register on the radar for most casual gamers.

Resident Evil is too little, too late IMO.

I don't agree that the only real draw to the GC is kids games. Cause if you look hard enough, there's some adult stuff. Like there are "good racing games and japanese games on xbox". They're just not GT or Square(Enix) RPGs.
But i do agree that anything MS or N did for the last year or so and will do in the future is too little too late.

There are very few Xbox owners who bought the Xbox for Halo and then decided they didn't care for any of the other exclusives on the system, but there are many Cube owners that bought the Cube just for Nintendo's games

Johnny why do you even bother with these kind of comments? How would you know? The fact is you can't possibly know that. Its just another guess that suits your argument.

I'd say that was a pretty "fair" assumption based on third party sales between GC and Xbox. I don't think it applies to exclusives, but certainly third party titles in general.

Johnny Awesome, has been infected by the Xbox virus, and has been dismissing Nintendo for years, simply because of the marketshare that Nintendo has, he feels should belong to Microsoft.

He should not even be in this thread. If he does like the GCN, or this game, then he should keep his comments to himself.

I got the game yesterday, and so far 2 hours in, and enjoying it very much. Great game so far.

Edge, I think Johnny's comments are generally on the mark, and he certainly has a right to voice them.

Some of the less-objective Nintendo fans may not like what they hear, unfortunately.

I say, blame Nintendo - not Johnny.

Listen, the discussion was about RE4 as a game and then a Nintendo fan decided to turn the discussion to sales and how RE4 would spike Cube sales. I responded that it wouldn't have a huge effect.

It's not trolling. This is a discussion forum. There are disagreements.

I own a Cube and 5 games so I don't have anything against the system. I just think that Nintendo has lost their way and really screwed up with the Cube. Nintendo fans need to learn not to take it so personally when someone disagrees with them. I don't when someone trashes the Xbox. I realize that some people don't like the Xbox and its games and it doesn't matter to me, but if someone says something that I feel is innacurate I'm going to chime in. Why? This is a discussion forum.

Johnny Awesome said:
There are very few Xbox owners who bought the Xbox for Halo and then decided they didn't care for any of the other exclusives on the system, but there are many Cube owners that bought the Cube just for Nintendo's games.
How strange, it's almost as if Nintendo put out enough A-grade games to satisfy your average console owner.

Fodder: Is it that they're all AAA-grade games? Or is it just that there is a segment of the market that loves Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and the other Nintendo staples? Perhaps it's a combination of both.

Johnny's point is that, great games or not, these types of games - colorful, cute, bouncy - appeal to a relatively narrow slice of the total games market. Today's "average console owner" demands a wider variety of game styles and genres.

Kolgar said:
Perhaps it's a combination of both.
I agree. Nintendo is certainly lucky that it has both the fanbase and the developer talent for their first party games to be successful, or they'd certainly have failed completely this generation. Perhaps I should have said 'average GC owner' though, but by the same token the XBox doesn't cater to the average console owner either, as said console owner owns a PS2.

Back