Halo going portable?

Sounds like Gizmondo is Ms's 'portable'. They said they'd no interest in the portables, until they announce MS games for Gizmondo and then start saying PSP is poo! I think it's a case of getting 'killer' apps to ecnourage the device and both spread MS OS into the portable arena and damage Sony.

Won't work though...

If anything, MS could just start releasing games on DS and PSP, won't happen, but it would be cool. Much better than releasing games on pseudo-inexistant systems.

i doubt any microsoft products will hit ngage, since ngage is actualy on the verge of competing with microsofts pocketpc devices. and sony is microsoft's "enemy" right now, so i can't see them porting games to PSP either. it would actualy be benificial if ms ported a watered down halo to DS, it would sell a ton of units on name alone and take some sales away from sony. the more money sony looses now the less they have for the battle next generation.

but still, i don't see it happening

MS can't produce for PSP. 1) If they did, they'd be supporting the PlayStation brand and give the impression XB exclusives could appear on PS2. 2) I doubt they could work out the hardware. EE/GS is so alien to what DirectX works with, getting a DirectX for PS hardware would surely be an inefficient nightmare if at all possible.

Shifty Geezer said:
EE/GS is so alien to what DirectX works with, getting a DirectX for PS hardware would surely be an inefficient nightmare if at all possible.

Err PSP doesn't have EE/GS and MS work with just as weird hardware all the time. Or do you think that Xbox/Xenon aren't hard to program at the hardware level? I.e. if anything hardware level of these two make PS2 look positively easy (one I know of is strange timing bugs in the Xbox GPU)

Anyway MS already have and do make games for Nintendo portables (including DS according to one person I know...)

This rumor started as some desperate Gizmondo fans speculating on the now defunct Gizmondo Central forums. No basis in fact, and there's really nothing to discuss.

An IP important as Halo won't be thrown away by MS at a CE handheld that MS is barely supporting by porting couple of PPC games. Even MS is treating the Giz like an red headed step child.

Shogmaster said:
This rumor started as some desperate Gizmondo fans speculating on the now defunct Gizmondo Central forums. No basis in fact, and there's really nothing to discuss.

Wait a second, Gizmondo has "fans"? :LOL:

Clashman said:
Shogmaster said:

Wait a second, Gizmondo has "fans"? :LOL:

They are rabid, dude! Mostly Bristish.

Nah MS has already been producing several GBA games. They've also let Rare dev several GBA titles. If anything MS will have some games on DS if anything.

see colon said:
i doubt any microsoft products will hit ngage, since ngage is actualy on the verge of competing with microsofts pocketpc devices. and sony is microsoft's "enemy" right now, so i can't see them porting games to PSP either. it would actualy be benificial if ms ported a watered down halo to DS, it would sell a ton of units on name alone and take some sales away from sony. the more money sony looses now the less they have for the battle next generation.

but still, i don't see it happening

Sony is not MS's "enemy". Otherwise MS wouldn't allow Sony Vaio PCs to run Windows.
The Playstation brand is in competition with MS's Xbox brand. Also, they are in competition with the Gamecube brand. In fact you could say that MS is more "enemy" of Nintendo than Sony, since i have yet to see a product that crosses those 2 companies, where Sony extensively uses MS software for their PC business (not like they have much of a choice). Therefore, why would MS release something on DS instead of PSP? If they go the "enemy" way, and ignore everyone they are in competition with, then they ignore both DS and PSP.

EDIT: I didnt' know about what Goldni just said.

With the system barely spewing forth visuals like this, everyone should all laugh hardy at the notion of anything resembling Halo hitting the gizmondo.

Sony is not MS's "enemy". Otherwise MS wouldn't allow Sony Vaio PCs to run Windows.
The Playstation brand is in competition with MS's Xbox brand. Also, they are in competition with the Gamecube brand. In fact you could say that MS is more "enemy" of Nintendo than Sony, since i have yet to see a product that crosses those 2 companies, where Sony extensively uses MS software for their PC business (not like they have much of a choice). Therefore, why would MS release something on DS instead of PSP? If they go the "enemy" way, and ignore everyone they are in competition with, then they ignore both DS and PSP.
you are missing the point. nintendo makes video games because they are a video game company. sony and microsoft are more interested in "digital convergance". they are fighting for the do it all set top box that'll be in your living room. in the big picture, microsoft could care less about nintendo, i think. videogames are just a way for microsoft (and sony) to invade the living room with a do it all box. that's why every generation they'll be adding more non-gaming features while nintendo still makes a pure gaming machine.
so sony PC's use windows. microsoft has a monopoly in the desktop space. sony handhelds use palm. there's a choice in that market and they went with a non-microsoft solution.

I'm not missing the point, i just don't think it's very important. In the end MS won't release games on DS or PSP anyway.
The Big Picture(TM) argument is nonsense.

And do you think that Nintendo's motive (Big PictureTM) is any different than MS or Sony's? These 2 might have the whole set-top box going for them, but do you really think that Nintendo offices are like Santa's fabs in the North Pole, full of Santa's helpers making toys because they love children and making them happy?
they're in for the money, which is proven by the fact that they're the only ones making a profit this time around, despite the low sales of GC.

Please... Nintendo would be VERY happy if they were the king of the living room, whether they include CD/DVD/BlueRay/Internet/Virtual Sex/Surround Sound/Tea&Coffee features in their consoles. Sony and MS are just much more aggressive and in-your-face about it.

it's not that i think halo or any other microsoft franchise would end up on the DS, i just think that if halo was going to be on either PSP or DS it would end up on DS. microsoft is gunning for sony, they don't care about nintendo. ninteno is small enough for the to wrestle out of the living room later, anyway.

london-boy

Of course you and I know that Nintendo are MS's real competitor this gen in the console market. But MS are delusional, they believe strongly that Nintendo are not their real competitor, and that Sony are the one they're competing with. Just look at what happened when DS and PSP were near to release. Remember the comments from higher ups at MS? They talked up the DS like it was the best thing since sliced bread and talked down the PSP as if it was crap. Why do that if MS really don't see Sony as their big enemy?

BTW I think you might find that Microsoft are already readying DS games ATM. Also as people have mentioned already, they (and Rare) have already put out GBA games.

Are you guys absolutely serious that you haven’t herd of the Gizmondo?
No really?

Dude!!! Check out like the October or September or something issue of EGM and there is a small photo of it in the back of the magazine... It was at E3 I believe...

And no, Microsoft dosn't make it... They might support it though.

Back