Famitsu on next gen survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
Famitsu has asked developers,dealers and gamers which next gen console they're most interested in.These are the results:

Developers:
50 % - PlayStation3
32,1 % - Xbox 2
17,9 % - Nintendo Revolution

Dealers:
73,8 % - PlayStation3
21,3 % - Nintendo Revolution
4,9 % - Xbox 2

Gamers:
53,8 % - PlayStation3
39,5 % - Nintendo Revolution
6,7 % - Xbox 2 :LOL:

The staff has also written a few details on the three systems:

PS3:
State of the art technology.
More than gaming.
Could be introduced on the japanese market at the end of 2005.

Revolution:
New concept and functions,less stress on the technical capabilities.Easy to develop for.

Xenon:
Comfortable development environment thanks to XNA.
RPGs should be available since the introduction on the market.
Smaller than Xbox.

hey69 said:
Developers:
50 % - PlayStation3
32,1 % - Xbox 2 <- making dev kits and info available definitely paying off
17,9 % - Nintendo Revolution<- not good

Ignore the "few details on the three systems" part. In this regard Famitsu is just like any non-tech publication, mouthing the "usual", "layman" stuff.

Pretty much agrees with what I was thinking given Japan; no surprises here.

Smaller than Xbox.
I love that this is a feature worth mentioning over something like, say, "state of the art technology." Xobx si hueg, indeed.

What did you expect ??

It is all about Japan, where Sony is king of hardware and nintendo king of software.

Imagine the Xbox2 adverts, with big flashy neon lights going:

"ATI SUPERFAST GPU!!!"

"HYPER REALISTIC GRAPHICS AND SOUND!!!"

"SMALLER THAN THE XBOX!!!"

Why even bother listing Revolution?

There isnt any solid details about it, save for those cryptic statements about being "different".

London-Boy, stop the trolling you've been diong lately. It's getting tiresome. This is your 3rd warning! Stop trolling.

i predict the new nintendo system will be an abysmal failure in all nations outside of japan. im sure nintendo wont "lose money" on it, but they will be a distant distant 3rd place. hopefully this will be the end of their run in the console business, cut they just get worse and worse each generation.

hovz said:
... hopefully this will be the end of their run in the console business, cut they just get worse and worse each generation.

Do you have Sony or MS shares? Otherwise, why would you hope for the demise of Nintendo? It would mean less choice for consumers.

Cheers
Gubbi

nintendos systems are so much worse than the competiton i dont consider them a choice. on the bright side at least more developers could focus on the 2 systems people actually care about and produce better games.

hovz said:
nintendos systems are so much worse than the competiton i dont consider them a choice.
Are you saying that you consider Gamecube so much worse than XBox or PS2 that you don't consider it a choice? :oops:

If so then can I ask what criteria you are using to judge?

Gubbi said:
hovz said:
... hopefully this will be the end of their run in the console business, cut they just get worse and worse each generation.

Do you have Sony or MS shares? Otherwise, why would you hope for the demise of Nintendo? It would mean less choice for consumers.

Cheers
Gubbi
Not that I agree with hovz, but if Nintendo did bail out of the hardware battle they'd go on to provide software for the other consoles, so you wouldn't have to splash out for a Ninty console for those Ninty exclusives.

andypski said:
hovz said:
nintendos systems are so much worse than the competiton i dont consider them a choice.
Are you saying that you consider Gamecube so much worse than XBox or PS2 that you don't consider it a choice? :oops:

If so then can I ask what criteria you are using to judge?

the quality and selection of games available. excluding pikmin, metroid, and zelda what has been released on gamecube that u cant get on other systems via a port or just a better game of the same category. oh lets not forget gc is th eonly console that lacks online play. if i had bought a gamecube this gen i can say it would have been the biggest waste of money in the last efw years of my life.

Man, the responses Nintendo generates are so close to the responses Apple gets with their iPod:

"I have an emotional need to see you fail. Why won't you fail!?!"

not en emotional need to se enitendo fail, but why even bother making more consoles when everyone you make gets progressivly worse. they should just stick to portable. they have lost touch with console gamers and dont have the slightest idea how to develop and market a successful console system anymore.

seriously the average 18 year old kid could market a console better than nintendo. they have rly become quite a shell of their former selfs.

hovz said:
not en emotional need to se enitendo fail, but why even bother making more consoles when everyone you make gets progressivly worse. they should just stick to portable. they have lost touch with console gamers and dont have the slightest idea how to develop and market a successful console system anymore.

seriously the average 18 year old kid could market a console better than nintendo. they have rly become quite a shell of their former selfs.

I can say that about sony too. Every console they make gets progressivly worse .

Not only that but to your above point , there was a point in time where the ps2 was the only system with out online support and it didn't hurt it .

Nintendo could indeed use some sprucing up, image-wise. I mean, c'mon, can't they devote some more resources to get their own development staff working on new games with their usual high production values with NEW licenses and NEW concepts and develop a NEW image enhancement?

Capcom doesn't define itself by MegaMan and Street Fighter, but Nintendo continues to derive SOOO much of their image from licenses established within the first few years of the NES. Thankfully they at least got Metroid Prime updated well, but Retro Studios is not precisely "Nintendo." They have plenty of money to devote... I wish they'd put a bit more emphasis into developing new games that don't play off their stereotypical image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back