DD 5.1, 480p and 1080i in GT 4?

I can't read the text next to 1080i, but assume it might be talking about the Photo modes?

Sound-wise, the last I'd heard was they'd revamped to DPL2, so...

zurich said:
ManuVlad3.0 said:
Right.
And DD 5.1? Replay only?
More like cutscene/intro a la MGS2 heh.
IGN was talking about it as a "gameplay addition" but I think it's something we won't know for sure until the full version actually hits the reviewers proper. Some year... :p

Maybe 1080i is supported in game afterall. :eek:

Found a problem here:
GT4 does not support 1080i during the whole game, when you go back to menu, title screen or map the resolution will return to 480p, high solution only in gaming only.

Someone already complained this will really damage their HDTV.

Wait... what? In game they could deliver 1080i but for some reason they fall back to 480p at the TITLE SCREEN?! :oops:

Does not compute...

HappyBread said:
Maybe 1080i is supported in game afterall. :eek:

Found a problem here:
GT4 does not support 1080i during the whole game, when you go back to menu, title screen or map the resolution will return to 480p, high solution only in gaming only.

Someone already complained this will really damage their HDTV.
Not a chance.

Confirmed by a second person at GTPlanet. :D

1080i is totaly true. You can choose normal, progressive(480p),
Hivision(1080i) at option menu. Also Splender,Contrast,Shade(Tone),
Darkness can change.

This doesn't sound right, since when has the PS2 been capable of 1080i res? As far as I recall, it hasn't.

It is 480p or 1080i in game from what I've read in a Taiwanese forum.

And BTW, it is DPL II, not DD 5.1.

Taiwanese are lucky as they get the game earlier this time, Kaz is in Hong Kong for the GT first sale ceremony (and signing games) and no one sells it earlier than 28/Dec, damn !

I'm speechless! :oops:

GT3 is one of my most played games and now I simple can't wait till I have this one!

Fredi

Doesn't GT3 render internally at a high resolution, like 960p, before downsampling to VGA resolutions? I'm pretty sure Kaz said this during the GT3 development period. The lack of mipmapping made everything a mess and might have provided diminished returns, but I'm pretty sure I read something about that years ago. I'm too lazy to search though, but it was from Kaz Yamauchi. Anyway, Polyphony Digital are coding gods anyway. I hope they get the most powerful hardware to work with next gen, no one'll be able to touch 'em. :) PEACE.

Qroach said:
This doesn't sound right, since when has the PS2 been capable of 1080i res? As far as I recall, it hasn't.
I thought it was more of a "no developer would want to spend the time and effort to deliver a game at 1080i, which would run inherently slow and be extremely hard to deliver good-looking graphics at playable rates" thing. If they manage to deliver something more meaningful than 1080i in photo more or a cutscene or the like, then perhaps that explains some of the delays!

Need more developer input on the feasability of this, though. Polyphony is a top-notch developer, but that can't deliver what actually can't be done. I could see them striving to deliver a pared-down 1080i version to give players the ability to choose a more fine display with lower-quality grapics/performance if it's within the realms of reason, though. (Question is, will it be "reasonable" for the people who love GT?)

-tfk- said:
Not from BabelFish you don't! Where "Under the picture quality where 1080 I finish a force, clearly large grade the clearness which is sharp this is a possibility of seeing the saw blade which is the possibility of feeling the overwhelming power which is this HD will be only the R246 to this runway inside" is only the beginning! :p ;)

Even at 24 bit color and 16 bit depth, a 1080i framebuffer exceeds the PS2's VRAM. It would certainly be impressive if they did this in real-time given that consideration.

I wasn't even aware that the PS2 had an video output capable of 1080i.

Back