So is PS3 GPU one generation beyond Xenon graphics chip?

Just wondering that.

-What information Vertical (Inhouse Design and Process model) Can use in its designs, Witch cannot be aplied to horisontal designs to Overcome its process limitations ,when only chip designs are considered?.

-If we see gadgets (mobilephoes/multimedia carrycadgets,Homestation boxes/media centers/"consoles") to replace pc with their vertical model in the future. How is this progression related to manufacturing process race between Vertical and horisontal model. Is`nt this broblem to be more in the practical/Physical design area not in the information deployment clitches, that prevent horizontal designers from taking the full use of given process in their designs. Could this phenonem be just a gimmic in present time becouse there is not good enought tools to share information between process/design or the Information sharing progress has in time started to lack behind the vertical model (Ip/money issues/?)?.

-By the way of topic!!! what did Aaron mean by "I have stop been bitter a long time a go". And something about , i have understanded the meaningless of understanding". I Cant remember latter becouse i did not found it (deleted?) I understand bitter part well. Did not understand the understanding part, what did it mean?.(Fear fades a way only throught understanding). I dont want to spoil these threads but im just too damn curious :D

Sorry for my rare posting, you guys just allways get to the end of discussion before i even have time to read the thread to its closedness. The intire reading process is mostly about learning to me. you guys seem to know a damn lot , Good Xmass to all ,it has been fun to be your apprentice, Less pride greating bitternes ;)

As structures get smaller, mismatches between design and manufacturing magnify fluctuations in the outcome of the production process," explains Makimoto, "so design has to understand the capabilities of manufacturing which are constantly changing. So if manufacturing is not good enough, the design people can build in safety factors to take account of the limitations of the process. That's the benefit of the synergetic effect of having control over everything from design to manufacturing. This is why 0.13µm was delayed on the foundry side because of the miss-matching of the design and the manufacturing side."

That was targeted mainly for this problem in horizontal model. Is`nt fluctuations mainly a quantum mechanical broblem at its core.Meaning that when horizontal model designers understand these fluctuations (current passes even super resistive material in scales below 10nm) to degree of vertical mode (Fluctuation information sharing between desing/process) the broblem with horizontal model could be solved?.

Back