Posts being deleted?

Ichneumon

Regular
I posted a response yesterday to a post put up by Reverand in which I disagreed with him, and now i come back to the forum today and find my post gone. I don't post here terribly much these days, so when I do post, I tend to notice when they are dissapeared the next day.

Why was my post deleted?

Is it because I disagreed with someone who has power at this site? I'm quite sure that was never a policy that Beyond3D had in the past. What's the deal?!?

I've no idea, but it's not in Beyond3D's Style to delete post w/o notice/warning, and surely not because you're disagreeing with a Moderator.

Didn't read your post, so I have no idea...

Ingenu said:
I've no idea, but it's not in Beyond3D's Style to delete post w/o notice/warning, and surely not because you're disagreeing with a Moderator.

Didn't read your post, so I have no idea...

Well, deleting posts without warning is normal, trust me ( :D ), but deleting posts without reason is a NO NO here.

No, I removed the posts (including Rev's) because it wasn't important to the the thread and was already derailing it before it had any chance to move along the right path.

digitalwanderer said:
london-boy said:
Well, deleting posts without warning is normal, trust me ( :D )
Yeah, I get pruned a lot too. :LOL:

but deleting posts without reason is a NO NO here.
Also true, I've never had any important or informative posts deleted from here.

Sometimes i'm surprised my post count is still so high, considering all the pruning ;) OK it's not THAT bad :devilish:

DaveBaumann said:
No, I removed the posts (including Rev's) because it wasn't important to the the thread and was already derailing it before it had any chance to move along the right path.
Yup, you didn't get deleted Ichy you got pruned...welcome to the proud club.

You've paid your dues, here's your initiation card.

(The Dig slides a shot of Wild Turkey over to Ichy.)

BTW-Dave made a funnay?!?!? :oops:

Ah... this must be the "Philosophy of a VPU" thread... I had some beer last night and wanted to have some fun with Lumi regarding the GPU/VPU thing (it's the silly naming thing wrt to NV and ATI).

Ok, well thanks for telling me what happened at least.

At first I thought I was going slightly bonkers, because I was sure I had made a post, I just couldn't remember where it was. :)

Back