FUD alert Ati can kill Nvidia must read article rofl

Nyo_S23

Newcomer
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20165
GRAPHICS FIRMS Nvidia and ATI have taken their long standing battle to India in a scene more reminiscent of the Mahabharata than a dispute between two chip firms.
The Channel Times quotes the country manager of ATI India as saying that Nvidia drivers and cards have 100 flaws and accused Nvidia of cheating consumers all the time.

The language gets more lurid and immoderate, with Suki Matharu, the ATI country manager, saying his firm can kill them as its products are better, according to the newspaper. An unseemly row and a half, indeed.

The dispute appears to have flared up because of a report on a US hardware site which claimed there is a problem with USB on the Radeon Xpress 200 chipsets.

ATI also thinks there’s something wrong with Nvidia’s SLI technology, it appears from the piece.

The article suggests that Sapphire is set to make an entry into the Indian market as early as January 2005. Earlier this week ATI held one of its megabashes in Mumbai, with chief spinner Chris Hook divesting himself of the lederhosen he was wearing just a week back to don a different garb.

The Channel Times story is here. µ

You know what the sad thing is this probably true. Just ATI is keeping the prices high so they can get a bigger profit margin instead of killing the competition. Well I guess it could be worse they could kill the competition and then raise prices.

Matharu further added, "We take the interest of the consumers at large, unlike Nvidia. The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs.'

Their X800 lines are no better off.

From the ensuing thread :LOL:

I think ATI has sunk to a new low, even for them. Best not to get into a mud slinging contest with a pig, my father used to say. Doesn't do any good and the pig enjoys it too much.

I love ATI!!!!!!!!!!!!! half life 2 runs superior on ATI and its the best game in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugo said:
Matharu further added, "We take the interest of the consumers at large, unlike Nvidia. The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs.'

Their X800 lines are no better off.

I read that as the ATI guy insinuating, that although the 6x00 series is DX9, and has better FP buffer support, it still isn't going to be enough for the intended future purpose. So 6x00 users will need to upgrade anyway.

That of course is always correct and applies to all hardware. So I guess its a mute point.

Back