EA next gen teaser (two pics & some talk)

McFly

Veteran
madden.jpg

n4s.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136966

The Madden shot looks very nice, the Need for Speed shot looks ok I think. :)

Fredi

I don't believe gfx like the top image will be possible. The bottom image looks more realistic, though I doubt it will be that antialiased. We can get gfx like that TODAY, it's not particulary impressive really.

The trees in that NFS pic still look kind of two dimensional, done with more "decals" than today, but still not realistic enough.

I want better wood next gen!

I think it's obvious they're renders to "show us what will be possible next generation"... :rolleyes: So now we have to wait and see how many little tiny detail they will take off to make them playable on next gen hardware.

that's some nice ass porche!
can't wait for GT5 for Ps3

maybe Polyfoni will recompile Gt4 on PS3 hardware and up some gfx effects to show on a prototype at E3 like they did with GT2000 back in days of the ps2 showing

hey69 said:
that's some nice ass porche!
can't wait for GT5 for Ps3

maybe Polyfoni will recompile Gt4 on PS3 hardware and up some gfx effects to show on a prototype at E3 like they did with GT2000 back in days of the ps2 showing

No, they'll be too busy shanging 3 lines of code for GT4 - Epiloge Edition No.4 - From China with Love - Copper Edition.

And by they way... canary yellow cars "nice ass"??? Errr...... :?

EA sure is gonna fool all Madden fans. I guess at CES Bill will show a movie of Madden 2006 on XBOX2 (realtime, i promise!), and all the fans will freak out.

Well let's look at it this way, what are the best character models on PS1 games? Tekken3 ones? Right, now let's look at the launch Madden game on PS2, not even the latest ones. Huge difference, the Madden ones already look a lot better, even though the characters on T3 were the best Ps1 could produce. And in the madden game there are tens of them.

Now, fast forward, what are the best character models on PS2? VF4Evo maybe?
Right, if everything holds the same way, Madden on PS3 (or whatever next gen console) should look MUCH better than this generation VF4 ones.

Does it mean they'll look like those pic up there? Not sure, all we know is that the jump will be massive.

yes i love canary yellow sports cars.
there is someone where i live, with a yellow porche and a yellow lamborgini and damn they are nice to see. 8)

thop said:
EA sure is gonna fool all Madden fans. I guess at CES Bill will show a movie of Madden 2006 on XBOX2 (realtime, i promise!), and all the fans will freak out.

Things like that is what could gave a real advantage to MS, in launching early. I guess that Madden fans ( and sport from EA in general ) are tired from buying the "same" game.

That and exculsives games, like Perfect Dark 0 :D

pc999 said:
thop said:

Things like that is what could gave a real advantage to MS, in launching early. I guess that Madden fans ( and sport from EA in general ) are tired from buying the "same" game.

That and exculsives games, like Perfect Dark 0 :D

Well it's gonna be the "same" game anyway, just with better graphics... We're talking about EA, remember.

It's will "look" like a new game, but then as the next gen kicks in, it will stay like that. Until the next gen comes along, when they will update the graphics again.

london-boy said:
Well it's gonna be the "same" game anyway, just with better graphics... We're talking about EA, remember.

It's will "look" like a new game, but then as the next gen kicks in, it will stay like that. Until the next gen comes along, when they will update the graphics again.

I am not a sports fan but I hope that they dont do that, they need to make things from the start, why not put new ideas ( they should have some, right ? :LOL: ), use phisics, AI, or anything, even this being a sports, if not they could face some competition, if I remember well MS was looking for serios AI programers for sports games which would predict player actions (meybe for XNA) that could add a ever diferent gameplay or just play.

Anyway I think that the primary force of inovation will be inputs, PS3 will have Eyetoy built-in , Nitendo ? , but it will be harder for MS that is more PC centric had PC does not change in 10+ years.

The commentary from the EA dude is the amusing part:
"Imagine that the characters in a football will be capable of showing real emotion," he said, among other possibilities. "That's what's going to be possible with the next generation of technology."
weren't we supposed to get that this generation? :LOL:

pc999 said:
london-boy said:

I am not a sports fan but I hope that they dont do that, they need to make things from the start, why not put new ideas ( they should have some, right ? :LOL: ), use phisics, AI, or anything, even this being a sports, if not they could face some competition, if I remember well MS was looking for serios AI programers for sports games which would predict player actions (meybe for XNA) that could add a ever diferent gameplay or just play.

Well, that's there already...? But about the AI predicting whatever, i'll have to see that in action to believe it. In the end, whatever the programmers do, we are always smarter than whateveer AI they come up to. As long as the AI doesn't cheat.

Anyway I think that the primary force of inovation will be inputs, PS3 will have Eyetoy built-in , Nitendo ? , but it will be harder for MS that is more PC centric had PC does not change in 10+ years.

Built-in Eyetoy? And where am i supposed to put the PS3? On top of my TV?

I'm approaching the next gen with somewhat understated expectations. That way I'm open to some nice surprises.

Back