Xbox Must Haves?

PVR_Extremist said:
Thanks folks... :D

I've not heard of the Xbox media centre so I'll check that out too.

I have a broadband connection so Xbox live might be doable. Is it a subscription service or is it free?
It's a subscription based service.

PVR_Extremist said:
Ok thanks

Xbox live is great. If you buy Halo 2 brand new, you should get a 2 month trial free trail subsribtion with it. LIVE is great. Unlike the PC, you don't have retards with strange hacks and cheats, the friends list is great, and almost everyone has a MIC to talk during the game.

I'm love my PC, but Xbox LIVE really rocks for online gaming.

A game I'd recommend that hasn't been mentioned is Metal Arms. You should be able to find it in a bargin bin for a cheap price. It doesn't have a online mode though, so that is a drawback. But the single player is very strong.

Brimstone said:
PVR_Extremist said:
Ok thanks

Xbox live is great. If you buy Halo 2 brand new, you should get a 2 month trial free trail subsribtion with it. LIVE is great. Unlike the PC, you don't have retards with strange hacks and cheats, the friends list is great, and almost everyone has a MIC to talk during the game.

I'm love my PC, but Xbox LIVE really rocks for online gaming.

A game I'd recommend that hasn't been mentioned is Metal Arms. You should be able to find it in a bargin bin for a cheap price. It doesn't have a online mode though, so that is a drawback. But the single player is very strong.

You DO have retarded people on Xbox Live mind. ;)

I hate being teamed up with a bunch of eleven year olds who can't do anthing but yell, insult and wandering around aimlessly... I wish there were an age filter... next to a region filter (Europe >< United States games lag most of the time).

Evil_Cloud said:
You DO have retarded people on Xbox Live mind. ;)

I hate being teamed up with a bunch of eleven year olds who can't do anthing but yell, insult and wandering around aimlessly... I wish there were an age filter... next to a region filter (Europe >< United States games lag most of the time).

:LOL: :LOL: I just pictured that scene and it really made me laugh out loud!

:idea: Why isn't there a game based on "insulting and wandering around aimlessly".
If that's what most people find fun to do when online (even I do occasionally, and I'm not a retarted 11 year old :) ), someone should make a game of it!

Edit: ...wait, there's already Everquest :oops:

rabidrabbit said:
:idea: Why isn't there a game based on "insulting and wandering around aimlessly".
If that's what most people find fun to do when online (even I do occasionally, and I'm not a retarted 11 year old :) ), someone should make a game of it!

Isn't that what GTA would be if it were online?

rabidrabbit said:

Hahaha... I just got the Platinum edition with everything... I thinking of giving old Evercrack a try, you know wandering now that ppl are moving over to EQII.

Anyone here plays EQ from Australia? If so what's the connection like for xDSL and/or Cable?

Platformers (big Xbox weakness IMO):

Rayman 3 and Voodoo Vince are good, and I personally like BLiNX, but not everyone did.

Party games:

Fusion Frenzy isn't bad if you find it cheap.

rabidrabbit said:

Because then that game would be ruined by a bunch of serious adult gamers trying to play it strategically.

I don't have an Xbox, so why am I posting in this thread?

Well there are some multi-format games that I have on the Ps2, that I assume are pretty good on the Xbox too.

(My base assumption is that you don't already have a PS2.)

Pro Evo Soccer 4 - Best Football sim no question.

Burnout 3 - Crazy arcade racer.

Soul Calibur 2 - Great beat 'em up.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - Very well constructed action adventure, many ace platform sections. Combat is this games weakness.

Broken Sword 3: Sleeping Dragon - Old skool adventure game, if you like puzzles.

SSX3 - Most fun arcade style snowboarder. Better than Amp 1 & 2.

Secret Weapons Over Normandy - Very good dog fighting flight sim, emphasis on arcade rather than sim.

Demon Stone: Fogotten Realm - AD&D dungeon crawler. A lot of fun.

Beyond Good & Evil - Action adventure game similar in style to Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Maybe an acquired taste, but I thought it was excellent.

GTA Double Pack - Technically not very impressive, but feel the gameplay.

My must-have reccomendations:
Sports:
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (amazing game, blows FIFA out of the water)
Amped 2 (harder but more rewarding and realistic than SSX)
Top Spin (best fun you'll have with friends besides PES4)
for "American sports" most ESPN games are awesome

Action:
Ninja Gaiden (HARD but pretty)
Otogi (can be had cheap and is really good)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (style in perfection, little odd though ;))

FPS:
Halo 1 & 2 (need I even comment?)
I prefer FPS on PC, so no others here

RPG:
Fable (ignore the hype and bashing, just enjoy it!)
Morrowind GOTY (re-discovered this game on Xbox recently, I find it more enjoyable than on PC!)
SW: KOTOR (best SW game ever)

Beat em up:
DOA3 (not deep but pretty and FUN!)
DOA Ultimate (much more of the same)
Soul Calibur 2 (more depth but I find the character design a bit silly)

Racing:
Rallysport 2 (arcade racing at its best)
PGR 2 (reference on Xbox)
Burnout 3 (crash and burn)

Other:
Beyond Good & Evil (surprisingly good Action Adventure, loved it!)
GTA Double Pack (old games, but still cool to pick up and play every now and then!)

I probably forgot some games, but those should keep you busy for a year or two! :D

I recommend you pick up Conker Live and Recut(or whatever it's called now) when it comes out, should be ******* fantastic.

One problem I have for xbox is not that it lacks good games, it's that it lacks good games that aren't also available on ps2, gamecube, or pc, or if the exact same game isn't available then a similar game is. Now, the games on it that are also on the other systems are usually the best on xbox, but minor enhancements are no reason to get an xbox if you already own the other two, and the PC versions of games are generally the best.(minus controller issues)
Xbox does do a good job of combining tons of things you could want onto 1 system for a low price though, whereas PCs are really expensive and generally if a game only appears on 2 systems the xbox will be 1 of them.(and the ps2 the other! :LOL: )

Actually Fox5, there are quite a few great games for Xbox that aren't on other platforms:

Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
Ninja Gaiden
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crimson Skies
MechAssault
Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Fable
Top Spin
Amped 2

Johnny Awesome said:
Actually Fox5, there are quite a few great games for Xbox that aren't on other platforms:

Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
Ninja Gaiden
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crimson Skies
MechAssault
Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Fable
Top Spin
Amped 2

Maybe not those exact games but fps, fighting, and racing games are certainly all over the place.
Ninja Gaiden has no couunterpart.
JSRF got poor reviews, though you can get it an sega gt 2002 for as low as $5 in a bundle, or get both free with a used xbox.
PDO is short, but I believe it's considered a good game.
How's crimson skies on xbox compare to the old pc game?
Amped 2 over SSX 3? Well, they're both on xbox so you can take your pick.

The point is that you didn't actually do any research before coming to your conclusions:

JSRF got bad reviews?

IGN 2/23/2002 9.1 out of 10 91.0%
Games Domain 3/10/2002 4.5 out of 5 90.0%
Gamespy 2/23/2002 90 out of 100 90.0%
GameSpot 2/25/2002 8.7 out of 10 87.0%
GamePro 2/26/2002 5 out of 5 100.0%
GMR Magazine 1/7/2003 8 out of 10 80.0%
XBN Magazine 6/10/2002 8 out of 10 80.0%
Official Xbox Magazine 3/21/2002 9.2 out of 10 92.0%

How's Crimson Skies?

IGN 10/20/2003 9.1 out of 10 91.0%
Games Domain 10/21/2003 4 out of 5 80.0%
GameSpot 10/23/2003 8.9 out of 10 89.0%
Gamespy 10/20/2003 4 out of 5 80.0%
GamePro 10/20/2003 5 out of 5 100.0%
GMR Magazine -- 8 out of 10 80.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly -- 8.83 out of 10 88.3%
Official Xbox Magazine 12/1/2003 9.2 out of 10 92.0%
XBN Magazine 12/1/2003 8 out of 10 80.0%
Game Informer 12/1/2003 9 out of 10 90.0%

Amped 2 is about as different from SSX3 as GT4 is from Burnout 3.

There are plenty of must-have exclusives on Xbox, but you have to know where to find some of them. Besides, you're trolling since the original poster was looking for Xbox games, not a desertation on the merits of various platforms. :rolleyes:

Back