MP2:Echos Euro Version Released

Guden Oden

Legend
Bought it the same day it came out. It was supposed to be released together with Painkiller's expansion, which I intended to buy as well, but could only bring home one of them. :D

Not played far at all yet, just been through the first interdimensional portal and a few rooms past that, but I've been able to at least samle it.

Controls are as tight as ever, though the turn rate is still a bit slow for my taste. Especially at the end of movement range up and down there's still that annoying slow-down which makes it take a LONG time to look straight up/down. Apart from that, I have nothing to complain about re. controls.

Collisions are great, when I shoot at something I hit it, but now there's more flying sparks and little nice decorations and more effects and glowing stuff and particles... :p This game's looking great, and I can only assume I haven't seen anything yet. :)

It's a little tedious to re-collect all my bonuses all over again, I heard Retro wouldn't do that, but oh well. It's Metroid. :p

Oh the humanity, I still have to wait five more days till the Aus release :(

Actually reading the reviews (not just looking at the scores) and hearing impressions from others leads me to believe that it will be as good or better than the original Prime, which is only my favourite game of this gen, so here I am feverishly counting the seconds...

Still, this small wait *really* beats the 6 months I had to endure for the first one's release here.

The start is quite slow. LOTSSSS of scanning, not much shooting. :p

The music is similar, but not identical to the original Prime.

Will need to give this game more time.

Guden Oden said:
The start is quite slow. LOTSSSS of scanning, not much shooting. :p

The music is similar, but not identical to the original Prime.

Will need to give this game more time.

Will need more money.

My money chest is depleted. :LOL:

Does anyone have any tips for the big-ass dark world temple worm boss?

I beat him up a little, he ate me up, I laid bombs down his throat. He started digging around again, then a second worm spawned, and after that I made no headway. Couldn't make either of 'em eat me... I got frustrated, turned the game off even though I had plenty energy left.

Just keep plugging away at him. Try to stay in the light circles. Keep hitting the worms (one at a time). Jump away when he borrows near you. He's definintley beatable. It took me about 4 times to succeed. Great Great game!

Actually I finished him on my first try. :oops:
Try to save light ammo for the later rounds (first it'll be one worm, then two, and finally three).
Use the charged power (or light) beam to remove his shell when he is "jumping around" (you can already lock on him when he is burrowing his way out). Then he fuses with the Dark Energy sphere. For that use missiles aimed at his head (the scan mentions "concussive damage"), takes about 5 missiles for each worm. Finally, let him suck you in in Morph Ball form and lay a bomb.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

What can I say about this game as I am only 30% thru?

Its MP plus more. Its a slight graphical jump compared to the original in some areas, but the original would still hold up very well against most of today's games.

MP2:E is pure immersion and its the next best thing to actually suit up and battle it out yourself. It is that good!! :devilish: And if you own a GCN then do yourself justice and get a hold of this game. :D

Magnum PI said:
it could be the first european release that requires a TV set with 60 Hz support, i don't know of another one.

First full game release I believe, although both the Master Quest disk and Pacman VS (afaik) required 60hz tv's also.

Back