Metroid Prime 2 Echoes..Don't overlook this one!

Cryect said:
Heh, same here. Why in MP did they have to do like so many games and have the end boss be so many times harder than any other boss in the game.

and a save point so far from the boss, with #à{!@ metroids between them !
this make things a lot worse.

like jov i didn't win the boss and stopped playing this game.

maybe i'm getting too old for this stuff :oops:

Magnum PI said:
Cryect said:
Heh, same here. Why in MP did they have to do like so many games and have the end boss be so many times harder than any other boss in the game.

I didn't beat the final boss in MP either. Too damn annoying just getting back to the boss to be worth the trouble. The final boss isn't really difficult other than being a long fight once you know the pattern/sequence.

Magnum PI said:
Cryect said:

Just ignore the metroids, until you get to the missiles room, then keep on luring them to the door (they can't pass trough it, it's kind of cheating, but it helps;)) and kill several of them - that would restore your energy before the battle.

Simply use one or two power bombs against the respawning Fission Metroids. This instantly kills them and gives you the necessary time to reach the door. You should, however, have at least two or three bombs remaining for the final boss to take care of the Fission Metroids he summons towards the end of the fight.

CeiserSöze said:
Simply use one or two power bombs against the respawning Fission Metroids. This instantly kills them and gives you the necessary time to reach the door. You should, however, have at least two or three bombs remaining for the final boss to take care of the Fission Metroids he summons towards the end of the fight.

Yeah, if you don't get frustrated when you think you got prime and its still coming back at you. I know it’s just a matter of keep trying and I'm sure I was close. :LOL:

When completing the 1st time what does it open up, if anything (can't remember)?

Jov said:
When completing the 1st time what does it open up, if anything (can't remember)?

It unlocks the original Metroid in Metroid Fusion (GBA); Metroid Fusion unlocks the Fusion Suit in MP if you've completed both.

I'm now at 20% in Echoes. This mofo is big ..real big. I can tell Retro are hardcore old schoolers buddy. There is no holding of the hand leading you around here. No pandering to the casuals on this one. And I'm in simple bliss as a residual result. I agree with another post, Echoes is the best looking game pre Zelda and RE4. IMO graphically Echoes > every other console game to date. Yes and I mean technically too. The amzing depth of detail is just the sh#*.

hupfinsgack said:
Jov said:

It unlocks the original Metroid in Metroid Fusion (GBA); Metroid Fusion unlocks the Fusion Suit in MP if you've completed both.

Thanks... now I want to complete it that little more... before MP2 (I doubt it tho :D ).

Goldni said:
I'm now at 20% in Echoes. This mofo is big ..real big. I can tell Retro are hardcore old schoolers buddy. There is no holding of the hand leading you around here. No pandering to the casuals on this one. And I'm in simple bliss as a residual result. I agree with another post, Echoes is the best looking game pre Zelda and RE4. IMO graphically Echoes > every other console game to date. Yes and I mean technically too. The amzing depth of detail is just the sh#*.

Thats quite a claim, but I am not surprised given the experience from the original MP.

Yeah, MP had possibly the most comprehensive art design and level of detail in a game yet.. but since it didn't have bump-mapping and detail textures it wasn't considered top-tier. Sort of like HL2. Both titles are greater than the sum of their graphical parts.

I frankly don't care if HL2 lacks geometry detail at times, the game is beautiful.

Goldni said:
I'm now at 20% in Echoes. This mofo is big ..real big. I can tell Retro are hardcore old schoolers buddy. There is no holding of the hand leading you around here. No pandering to the casuals on this one. And I'm in simple bliss as a residual result.

Absolutely. MP2:E is working my brain as well as my hands. This is me playing a mini-boss in MP2:E ....
hardcore.gif
.... and don't get me started on the main bosses.

All I am wondering about is whether Echoes is harder than the original American release or the tweaked European one. I guess I will find out on Friday...

Well I dont want to speak too early but I've only died twice and I'm at 20%. All of IGN and other reviewer stated the game was much harder but I'm finding it easier. One complaint some people had was save points so I've been making it an effort to save (even back track back to save stations) since I dont know just how far it is to the next one. Consequently I'm afraid I'll go into a room and the doors will quickly shut and that music starts and oh boy..

Goldni said:
One complaint some people had was save points so I've been making it an effort to save (even back track back to save stations) since I dont know just how far it is to the next one. Consequently I'm afraid I'll go into a room and the doors will quickly shut and that music starts and oh boy..

hahaha... I can't help laughing as it sounds like the good-old-days type of games (e.g. R-Type) where there is a good balance of addiction, frustration, fear, and satisfaction once beaten.

On legendary?

Heroic. Legendary did not come easily.

Agreed, ever thought you were seeing bump mapping. I know I did, the thought of they could accomplish on the Revolution, gets me excited. The Grapple Guardian texture detail is unmatched.

I did, simply great texturing. The Grapple Guardian is indeed extremely well done. Can anyone tell me of another console game's level that surpasses that of the Sanctuary Fortress? :oops:

Back