Music/song with the deepest bass

Reverend

Banned
I'm pretty sure this will be limited by even the very best speakers/subwoofers but which music or song have you heard that has the deepest bass?

Someone told me it's more likely to be a classical piece, rather than any dance song.

try i thikn the latest Cd of 2 life crew.

they have some cool Miami Bass
going in their beats..

TPower 'The Self Evident Truth of an Intuitive Mind'

Bass that causes most subwoofers to cry (well distort more). Unfortunately it is a rare CD these days, out of print and hard to come by. Which is a shame as it is very good.

any song from Biosphere - they use some extra low frequencies some speakers can't even reproduce (like my cheap ones :p)

Drum And Bass, Jungle are featuring very deep and sinister bass-lines. Moving Fusion's Turbulence (Origin Unknown Remix) once ripped one of my bass chassis apart, lucky me ... B&W's 12-year-warranty saved the day :D

Cosmic Gate vs. Aquagen - Fire Wire (DJ Da Violator Remix)

Its a song I've had for years... and its got a section in the middle that sends any descent speaker system shaking the house. I've sent it to a number of audiophiles for proof, reasonable dance song, but the bass is something to behold.

Dunno DEEPEST, but mightiest I've heard is prolly Svefn-G-Englar ("Sleepwalkers") by Icelandic band Sigur Rós. It's increeeedible.

Guden Oden said:
Dunno DEEPEST, but mightiest I've heard is prolly Svefn-G-Englar ("Sleepwalkers") by Icelandic band Sigur Rós. It's increeeedible.

Not bad. I would have said Mogwai - Helps Both Ways. Nice drilling bass that comes as a bit of a surprise. Knocked a cup off my desk and broke it once thanks to that song :)

Simon F said:
Get some pipe organ recordings.

Ditto to that - pretty scary sometimes. There're also a couple of incredible recordings of the 1812 floating about that have real cannons at the end.

Somebody asked a similar question on another forum and I had a flick through my music collection to pick a few "lowies" out. I have quite a bit of DnB but it hardly ever goes <30Hz; no point muddying up delectable beats with sub-bass that chavs can't even hear on their Kenwood 6x9s. :p For a bass "workout" on the other hand, you can't beat the likes of Dillinja etc. I don't own much Electronica, but I'd guess that's where the real low stuff can be found (i.e. sub bass just for the sake of it).

2:30 into The Prodigy's "Charly (Trip Into D&B version)":

charly230.gif

Avril Lavigne, Sk8er Boi 1:50. Not too shabby... :LOL:

sk8erboi150.gif

Intro to "Poor Leno" by Royksopp:

lenointro.gif

Blackalicious - "It's Going Down (Bink! Remix)". This is jazz hip hop with some serious bass:

blackbink.gif

0:18 into "Lullaby" by A Perfect Circle. This was the most violently bassy track I could find:

lullaby018.gif

There's sustained output below 10Hz. It should come with some kind of warning!

J-Lo's "Jenny From The Block" goes quite low too (frequently below 25Hz, AFAICT). Don't have a recording of it though... sadly. :p

Now, i have a question that has bugged me for a long time.

Is ther a limit in frequency for current recording mediums? Let me explain, does a common CD recording have a "lower limit" as far as bass go for example? Same for high notes too.
Or is the limit only on the speakers?

:LOL: some DTS speaker testing track I downloaded that covered the 20Hz to 20KHz range.

On the PIEGA subwoofer... for quite some time you wouldn't hear or even feel a thing.... The only proof that there was indeed something coming from the sub, was a bottle of mineral water placed ontop of the sub shaking to the point that the bottle came crashing down next to it. Quite scary actually seeing things flying around and falling but not feeling or hearing anything.

EDIT: Typos. :oops:

Phil said:
:LOL: some DTS speaker testing track I downloaded that covered the 20Hz to 20KHz range.

On the PIEGA subwoofer... for quite some time you wouldn't hear or even feel a thing.... The only proof that there was indeed something coming from the sub, was a bottle of mineral water placed ontop of the sub shaking to the point that the bottle caming crashing down next to it. Quite scare actually seeing things flying around and falling but not feeling or hearing anything.

That's totally freaky!!!

i dunno if it would be the deepest but if you want some good bass try Benny Benassi. I love Benny Benassi. especially if you're looking for something to do the squelchy to.

now, if you just want a deep tone, just make a frequency generator. i was screwing with some really fancy headphones once and the easiest way was to test them was to just slap together a quick requency generator and connect the wires. if you wanted to get more complicated then you could make a modulator... or, even, submodulators. damn i could have lots of fun with this.... *runs off to pull out the soldering iron and breadboards*

Code:
F:\>dir /b "f:\Subwoofer Tests"
2.mp3
BASS UNLIMITED - Sub Sonic Sound Waves.mp3
BASS-SubWoofer Test - Big Bass.mp3
Bass Check - MTX woofer Test.mp3
Bass Mechanics - Woofer Excursion Test.mp3
Bass Test -  Very Loud Compilation of Subwoofer Tests.mp3
DANCE_Best Of Techno Volume 3- Bass Explosion.mp3
DJ Icey - Hardcore Bass.mp3
EXTREM BASS TEST.mp3
IllegalBass_CarAudioONLY_Track11.mp3
Speaker Tester (SUB).MP3
Sound Effects - THX Subwoofer Test - 3 Types Of Bass.mp3
Sub Woofer Test.mp3
bass outlaws - The ultimate sub woofer test CAUTION may cause speakers dammage.mp3
sound effects - ultimate sub woofer test.mp3
techno-c-(Bass) THX - Subwoofer Testing - Perfect Bass.mp3

these, i think

Back