Nintendo Says 'Touching Is Good' in Sexed-Up DS Ads

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Link

"Teaser spots start on Monday, playing up the dual-screen device's touch controls. A woman's sultry voice invites the viewer to come a little closer and get a feel." :LOL:

That's not very mature. That's more like teen, about 15-18

It sounds like its just as mature as most 'mature' content you get in this industry (GTA ect). Some people just don't like to admit that when it comes from Nintendo.

Teasy said:
That's not very mature. That's more like teen, about 15-18

Its as mature as most 'mature' content you get in this industry (GTA ect). Some people just don't like to admit that when it comes from Nintendo.

Oh come on, even you can admit that it's pretty tacky.

Qroach said:
He won't. ;)

Pfft.

The best ads I've still seen were the PS2 circa 2001 ads that ran in the theatres, "Dolby Digital 5.1 - Standard, DualShock Analog controller - Standard", etc. Since then, Sony's ads have been pretty decent.

The Xbox ads are pretty funny and generally have a recognizable, pseudo-standardized format.

The GC launch ads with the goth people trapped in the cubes while Tie Fighters flew by were... well, something. I don't remember the GBA ads.

Zurich

Oh come on, even you can admit that it's pretty tacky.

Who said it wasn't tacky? I just said its as mature as most mature content in this industry. Which is mostly cheap tacky swearing and sexual references.

For all we know these ads may be quite tongue in cheek even, they sound like it to me. I suppose I'll end up seeing the ad sometime today or tomorrow at IGN.

Quincy

He won't.

Wow, you were wrong, just shows you, there's a 100th time for everything :LOL:

I liked the GBA (or were they for SP?) ads, they were more "mature" than that.
They were genuinely funny (though I can't right now remember any :? )

They seem to have gone for the most obvious, the association with "touch" -> "sex". That imo is a bit lazy, not very creative.

I think some Xbox ads were a little more overt (DOA's "she kicks high" and especially DOAXBV's "play with your friends... or play with yourself"), but they do tend to still aim at the "teen horndog" segment.

I imagine most older gamers are the ones who smirk at the commercials, but tend to read more reviews and go from there.

I though we were talking about advertising? even if we weren't I don't see your point.

Wether its games or anything else plenty of what is considered "mature" can also be tacky.

cthellis42 said:
I think some Xbox ads were a little more overt (DOA's "she kicks high" and especially DOAXBV's "play with your friends... or play with yourself"), but they do tend to still aim at the "teen horndog" segment.

I imagine most older gamers are the ones who smirk at the commercials, but tend to read more reviews and go from there.

Oh but those were genuinely witty :)

zurich said:
Well the XBV one was witty, yes. ;) The other was more "amusing." But the commercials were still well done.

I think my favorite game commercial overall was the "birth to death" one. Very well done. And it could almost count as "risque" since it had a guy clutching his balls the whole way. :p

<Susan Sarandon mode>

"Touch ah touch ah touch ah touch me, I want to feel dirty!
Touch ah touch ah touch ah touch me, all thru the night!"

</Susan Sarandon mode>

cthellis42 said:
zurich said:
Well the XBV one was witty, yes. ;) The other was more "amusing." But the commercials were still well done.

I think my favorite game commercial overall was the "birth to death" one. Very well done. And it could almost count as "risque" since it had a guy clutching his balls the whole way. :p

Wasn't that banned in Germany, yet then went on to win some European advertising award?

Yes... Come closer and get a feel.....

....of some ultra kiddie game.

Or better yet, a Mario game. You can't get any sexier then Mario. God knows you can try.. But you will fail.

Yes... Come closer and get a feel.....

....of some ultra kiddie game.

Oh dear, not the "wizard cap" guy who thinks DS will only have 3 games released for it, Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong :LOL:

Back