The new Superman

I'm sure they'll tone down (as opposed to "shading up" elsewhere ;) ) the bulge.
Otherwise it would look funny when he's shooting through the air :LOL:

Batman could get away with the bulge, because he spent most of his suit time vertical, and because his suit was more armour like.
Superman on the other hand spends much time in his gear in horizontal position. And it can't be very aerodynamic either.

how was Spiderman, did he have a bulge?

london-boy said:
In the 80's, Superman as a whole (cape, outfit, bulge) was almost acceptable.

Today, it's just plain gay. I mean... Look at those colours!! :oops: :LOL:

Don't worry... No gay man would even be caught dead wearing his underwear ON TOP of his pants! :LOL: Don't worry - Supes's straight alright... ;):LOL:;)

Could superman ever have kids? I mean there is no way Louis Lanes uteris could take his super sperm. They guy must blow a load like a canon ball. Unless they used kryptonite condoms... but that would kill him

sytaylor said:
Could superman ever have kids? I mean there is no way Louis Lanes uteris could take his super sperm. They guy must blow a load like a canon ball. Unless they used kryptonite condoms... but that would kill him
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That was hilarious....

sytaylor said:

There was actually a collection of short stories centered around superheros, one of which concerned the teenage years of Clark Kent, including the bullet holes all over his bedroom walls and ceiling.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
sytaylor said:

There was actually a collection of short stories centered around superheros, one of which concerned the teenage years of Clark Kent, including the bullet holes all over his bedroom walls and ceiling.

:oops: WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE??? :oops:

l-b my quote was from mallrats, one of my all time favourite films. Get it from amazon ASAP, its chock full of that kind of stuff, pointless film but an instant classic IMO.

sytaylor said:
l-b my quote was from mallrats, one of my all time favourite films. Get it from amazon ASAP, its chock full of that kind of stuff, pointless film but an instant classic IMO.
OT, but a hearty second to Mallrats...it's still about the best DVD I've ever watched.

Not the movie so much as Kevin Smith's intro and explaination of the movie beforehand making it just that much more fun to watch. :) (Although Jason Lee slays me in it)

Just backspace, and replace the archive with "www", the rest should be easy. The direct link does give the "Forbidden..." message.

mondoterrifico said:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
london-boy said:
:oops: WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE??? :oops:

Dunno - it was a very long time ago, and I can't even remember if I read the book or just a review of it. Good luck with searching Google/Amazon!

I think Larry Niven did a short essay on this topic.

Man Of Steel, Woman of Kleenex. Thanks for jolting my memory. Of course the line I was thinking of was:

Larry Niven said:
One can imagine that the Kent home in Smallville was riddled with holes during Superboy's puberty. And why did Lana Lang never notice that?

Hahaha, that was great. :D

This was worth extra many laffs:
All known forms of kryptonian life have superpowers. The same must hold true of living kryptonian sperm. We may reasonably assume that kryptonian sperm are vulnerable only to starvation and to green kryptonite; that they can travel with equal ease through water, air, vacuum, glass, brick, boiling steel, solid steel, liquid helium, or the core of a star; and that they are capable of translight velocities.

What kind of a test tube will hold such beasties?

Back