Zatoichi

pocketmoon66

Newcomer
Watched Zatoichi on DVD last night. Anyone else seen it ? Some insane blind swordfighting. What I want to know is, is there a game out there with as much bloodshedding, limb severing swordplay ?

R.

Haven't seen it, put the game you're looking for is probably Ninja Gaiden (not the castrated European version). :)

pocketmoon66 said:
Watched Zatoichi on DVD last night. Anyone else seen it ?

I have - great fun. Sometimes the CG was less than perfect, but overall I liked it a lot.

london-boy said:
What's the movie about/like?

It is the old story with the (anti) hero that come to a small town run by criminals. This time the (anti) hero is an old blind samurai (Zatoichi) who kills a lot of bad people (and some not so bad). The plot is pretty thin, but is good excuse to show some gore and violence. In many ways Zatoichi reminds me of a good old Spaghetti Western like Django or a A Fistful of Dollars but with a bit more humor.

You can read more here:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0363226/

Tim said:
but is good excuse to show some gore and violence.

We must have watched different films, since it's more about the dance than about blood and violence.

In many ways Zatoichi reminds me of a good old Spaghetti Western like Django or a A Fistful of Dollars but with a bit more humor.

You do know that those were actually remakes of samurai films?

hupfinsgack said:
Tim said:
but is good excuse to show some gore and violence.

We must have watched different films, since it's more about the dance than about blood and violence.

There is a lot more gore and violence in Zatoichi than dancing (there are actually only one dance scene and that is after the storyline has been concluded). There is a reason why this is frequently compared to Kill Bill volume one. There are the element where the music melts together with image (like with the farmers in the beginning), but that is hardly dancing.

You do know that those were actually remakes of samurai films?

I know that A fistfull of dollars is remake of Yojimbo, but what samurai movie is Django a remake of.

If you're looking for limb-severing swordplay, my guess is that there are few games that give you that sort of control outside of a little game called Die By The Sword that was released a few years ago, at the start of the "3D Revolution". I thought it was hella fun, but it probably won't be as fast-paced as a Samurai game.

Mate be specific there's heaps if zatochi films
The thing I love about samurai films is in western ones the goodie and baddie finally meet then we're treated to a 20min duel where each gets the shit kicked out if them. Usually in these films the actual fight lasts 1 sec

zatoichi and the pot of gold zatoichi vs the one armed swordman (this movie broke one of zatoichis rules he never drew first until this one) zatoichi and the chess expert to name few all good trashy fun

Back