Rossi wins MotoGP championship with Yamaha!!!

crypto1300

Newcomer
Anyone follow MotoGP?

If so, what do you think about this years championship?

Rossi has got to be one the most talented riders I've ever seen. For the most part the YZR-M1 was basically uncompetitive until Rossi threw a leg over it. What's really amazing is, I got a little bored watching MotoGP after Rossi won the last 500cc championship, then followed it up with 2 strait MotoGP championships.

His switch to Yamaha really got me excited for this season. And, I found myself rooting for him to win, even though I really wasn't a Rossi fan. His adaptability to the M1 has amazed me, and has definitely made me a full blown fan. I even turned my girlfriend into a MotoGP fan this season, we watched every race so far.

That's All.

I Agree .. I'm a fan too .. although I have been for the last 4 years(I started to watch him closely since 250cc). When you start to notice that he is toying with the opposition then you know that he is actually an extraordinary driver. He is definitely out of this world.

Go Rossi.

Yes what he did with Yamaha this year is also extraordinary. First year with a manufacterer that used to be in the middle or towards the back. WOW!! He really is that good .. just confirmed what I always thought.

US

It shows that Human factor is still most imp. If tomorrow M.Sch. were to shift to BAR-Honda, he may still win World Championship.

I'm a MS fan and although I do believe he is head over shoulders above anyone else in F1 atm, I don't think he would win the championship if he joined BAR next year. You can't really compare F1 to MotoGP.

Ross Brawn's stratergies are also a part of MS's winning formula.. and so is Rory Bryne's design of the Ferrari F1 car. Now if all 3 were to go to BAR, i'd give MS 2 years to take the championship again. 1 to get used to the team .. and the other to win the championship.

The only other issue would be engine wise .. ferrari have been designing very reliable engines for the last 4 years .. I think the last time a Ferrari engine blew(not talking Sauber here) was in Oct. 2000. Next year is gonna be interesting with the 2 race rule. For those that don't know .. 1 engine must last 2 races and qualifying etc. That means each team is gonna have it's problems. Also the engine may not use any exotic materials in it's making .. meaning that they may only use normal alloys in it's making. Although I do wonder what different teams will make from this rule. Anyways .. ferrari I believe might have an upperhand in this situation again.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm a MS fan and although I do believe he is head over shoulders above anyone else in F1 atm, I don't think he would win the championship if he joined BAR next year. You can't really compare F1 to MotoGP.

Agreed, another element of Rossi's success could easily be attributed to the majority of his team moving to Yamaha with him. And, Jeremy Burgess is just as an incredible talent as Rossi is himself.

Yes what he did with Yamaha this year is also extraordinary. First year with a manufacterer that used to be in the middle or towards the back. WOW!! He really is that good .. just confirmed what I always thought.

You know that's not true at all. Before Rossi got on board Yamaha have always been right behind Honda in the GP500. Yamaha is behind Honda in develpment but they're not behind the other manufacturers. When they switched to the 1 liter 4 strokes nothing changed until Rossi got signed. He's not only a godly rider but he's also very good at giving feedback to the engineers.

Back