Tom's Hardware says: NVIDIA and ATi, Game Over

martrox said:
Believe me when I say this....when it comes to Toms....it's all about Mr. Pabst......
True, but the same can be said of Anand's with Anand or [H] with Kyle.

They're their sites, of course they'll reflect their personalities. :)

I like visiting Toms simply because it is a busy site. There is always new articles being put out on a constant basis covering a wide range of hardware, not just CPU's and GPU's. For that they earn every reader they get as they work hard for it.

I tip my hat to them for making this stand against rushed articles, somebody had to take a stand first. Lets hope the rest follow.

Dean said:
I like visiting Toms simply because it is a busy site. There is always new articles being put out on a constant basis covering a wide range of hardware, not just CPU's and GPU's. For that they earn every reader they get as they work hard for it.

I tip my hat to them for making this stand against rushed articles, somebody had to take a stand first. Lets hope the rest follow.

Well i guess if they get tricked enough eventualy they would learn what nvidia was doing :)

Toms and anands allways had the conclusion on ati's products , well its the fastest out right now but nvidia is promising new drivers that will speed them up , or nvidia sent us these drivers they promised would be released next week to you (and then we never ever see ) or and you know ati has bad drivers .

So they were bound to change thier stance after they looked like fools for so long

MasterBaiter said:
It was a nice editorial though. I haven't been by THG in ages, but I don't think they're that bad. I hate to lump them together, but THG, [H]ardOCP, and Anand's all kinda fit a certain profile. I think mostly that they are all good sites, but everyone has their warts. ;)

I haven't visited those sites in ages. Any site that can't give a proper comparative review doesn't deserve to be visited.

trinibwoy said:
ZoinKs! said:
trinibwoy said:
I would actually rate Tom's as a better hardware site than B3D.
I was about to dispute this, then I noticed the emphasis on "hardware". :p

Yeah glad you caught that :D

Actually, if you talking Graphic Card Hardware .. I believe B3D is still alot better. Kyle tends to mix things up and I don't feel he shows a proper comparison of the GC's he gets. At least here at B3D I can see what I'm getting.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
Actually, if you talking Graphic Card Hardware .. I believe B3D is still alot better. Kyle tends to mix things up and I don't feel he shows a proper comparison of the GC's he gets. At least here at B3D I can see what I'm getting.

US

I wasn't talking just graphic hardware. Even if I was, I still would not put full stock in B3D's or any other site's reviews. They are of quality but so are others.

Back