Xbox getting keyboard & mouse end of October

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1089

The retail version of the Xbox and PlayStation2 units of the SmartJoy FRAG adapters are supposed to hit the shelves before the end of October, perfectly timed for the upcoming big titles. Place your pre-order now for US$ 28.90 per unit.

Personally, I bought Halo as my first game on my Xbox, but I never could get the hang of it. Even though I've had Xbox Halo for 2 years, it wasn';t until just now that I've beaten it. When Halo on PC came out, holy moly did I own everyone. I think I'm gonna get one of these things. Make playing much easier.

PS/2 connectors? WTF, couldn't they have put something older on there, like a serial port and a 5-pin DIN socket? What a joke.

wonder if it'll work on Xbox Live....that would certainly f*ck up the balance. :rolleyes:

Guden Oden said:
PS/2 connectors? WTF, couldn't they have put something older on there, like a serial port and a 5-pin DIN socket? What a joke.
Hardly an issue. Every USB mice comes with a PS2 adapter, and PS2 keyboards are still more plentiful and/or cheaper than USB models IME.

Alstrong said:
wonder if it'll work on Xbox Live....that would certainly f*ck up the balance. :rolleyes:
Yes, it will work on Xbox Live. Why would it mess up the balance? It's not like it's hacking up the speed beyond which the regular joystick already supports. I'm personally gonna stick with the xbox controller-huge rather than using that. The last thing I want do is lounge with a keyboard and mouse. However, this product will bring relief to some of my hardcore PC gaming friends to play various Xbox games with/against me. I hope you can see past this like the myriad of PC peripherals in use.

Very cool product, I can't wait to see how it works out for some of you. Good day 8)

FiggyG said:
Why would it mess up the balance? It's not like it's hacking up the speed beyond which the regular joystick already supports.

I find that I'm a much better sniper with a mouse and that the turn rate is directly proportional to my wrist flicking speed and much better controlled than a joystick. ;)

Playing UC is so much different than playing UT2k4 because of the controller differences. Halo PC is a joke in mp with a mouse because I can aim with the pistol much better.

*snip*
I hope you can see past this like the myriad of PC peripherals in use.

:?:

This officially means I must get me an xbox of mine own now. Now it is time to remember the beat down I gave controller users in Q3 for the dc. Now it can commence again on the xbox.

Alstrong said:
FiggyG said:
Why would it mess up the balance? It's not like it's hacking up the speed beyond which the regular joystick already supports.

I find that I'm a much better sniper with a mouse and that the turn rate is directly proportional to my wrist flicking speed and much better controlled than a joystick. ;)

Playing UC is so much different than playing UT2k4 because of the controller differences. Halo PC is a joke in mp with a mouse because I can aim with the pistol much better.

*snip*
I hope you can see past this like the myriad of PC peripherals in use.

:?:
I am actually better with the Xbox controller than I am with a mouse now :oops: Sorry for the last part being so vague. There's tons of different peripherals on PC (different types of mice, joysticks, gamepads, etc), yet we're not worried about it :) I think this is the same situation.

FiggyG said:
I am actually better with the Xbox controller than I am with a mouse now :oops:

lol, yeah that happened to me last year because I hadn't played any PC games for almost a year; there was nothing I wanted to play..and play well. This year, I'm better with the mouse, but no amount of practise will make me better on the joystick with respect to aiming quickly and accurately. *shrug* :D

[quote Sorry for the last part being so vague. There's tons of different peripherals on PC (different types of mice, joysticks, gamepads, etc), yet we're not worried about it :) I think this is the same situation.[/quote]

ahh....I understand now :)

But, imo, most fps gamers would probably go for the keyboard/mouse on PC. There are certainly some people who would opt for the gamepad (from "xbox/ps2 controller on pc" threads I've seen around).

I suppose there aren't too many people who would like to have a keyboard and a mouse without a table in the living room. It kind of sucks. So I guess it wouldn't be a huge problem on XBL.

BAH! only L00zers would need that...and me.... i actually go to lans with my xbox controller equipped pc and hold my own in 2k4/join ops.

Back