smoking goooood, jackhammers baaaaaad

MPI said:
So if we develop this argument further and apply it to, ...say smokers. If you smoke, should the NHS treat you for lungcancer? If you eat too much fatty crap, should they spring for your heart by-pass? If you play football on the weekends, should they treat your shot knee? Drawn to the extreme wouldn't any injury or illness that can be construed as self-inflicted be illegible for treatment? The whole line of reasoning turns my stomach, and I've come to the conclusion that if national public healthcare must exist(and I think it should), they _absolutely must_ give fuck all about how you received your injury/illness.

Well, that's a good point, but you have to draw the line somewhere and hopefully in a democratic country, the line gets drawn just where the largest consensus is. In a democracy, you win some, you lose some, but hopefully life is bearable.

No one is saying "don't ride in a car", just, "take this trivial measure to make it much safer".

MPI said:
Wtf has someone _elses_ insurance to do with _me_??

Maybe if you weren't such a selfish person you'd understand that. :rolleyes: (Hint: if you crash your car and end up in hospital, your car insurance and medical insurance bills will jack up *everybody's* rates, including your own, assuming you survive that is.)

but at least I recognize it's a choice everybody has to make for themselves.

In several countries it's the driver's responsibility to make sure everybody is strapped in; he'll get a fine if they're not. Also like I already pointed out to you, anyone sitting behind another person, or is the provider for a family is not making a decision purely for themselves, but for the person sitting in front as well. As offensive as they sometimes are, your arguments aren't valid. :rolleyes:

Just like most things in life, like smoking for instance. I think it's unhealthy(and a filthy habit) to smoke and therefore I don't do it, but it _is_ a choice everybody makes for themselves, right?

Not really. Smoke fills a substantial volume of air where other people is likely to be annoyed and possibly harmed by it.

What is it that makes you have a law on wearing seatbelts, but (I presume)not on smoking?

To quote yourself: "swing and a miss, *insult omitted*"... :LOL: I want a global ban on all forms of tobacco products since they're addictive in addition to harming people's health.

If you weren't such a twit, you'd see that you muddle everything up.

I'm not a twit, but you do seem to be a person that can't be kept in furnished rooms, looking at the way you express yourself. Due to all the insults you use, all the points you may have scored with your arguments are forfeit anyway; you lose. I win.

Drop the constant barrage of disparaging remarks, and we'll continue this discussion then. Until then, adios.

Guden Oden said:
What is it that makes you have a law on wearing seatbelts, but (I presume)not on smoking?

To quote yourself: "swing and a miss, *insult omitted*"... :LOL: I want a global ban on all forms of tobacco products since they're addictive in addition to harming people's health.

Well, there's your argument in a nutshell right there. You're authoritarian. I'm not.

Drop the constant barrage of disparaging remarks, and we'll continue this discussion then. Until then, adios.

Pretty rich taking the high road after calling me a irresponsible motherfucker and "whining child", but hey that's just me... If you dish out and can't take it, stay out in the first place. EOD.

Back