New HL2 survey

Hm, I never figured SP2 gain ground this fast... funny to see all those "dodatek" and "szervizcsomag" versions though. :LOL:

Was AMD and Intel about even before? I do not seem to remember that. It may therefore be a significant development, but I don't really know :)

Gotta love these surveys... read time stamp counter ... 100.01% :LOL:

Also determined UI Language as English on my German XP

People have some truly weird resolutions when they play, and I don't know what hardware allows screen depth of 6/20/39/49bpp... :LOL:

The CPU clock speed results really don't show much because different clock speeds for different CPUs mean different things.

Regarding what, the nearly equal number of 9800s or regarding 16bit?
Geforce4mx runs 32bit just fine doesn't it?

Doesn't windows default usually to 16-bit after a driver update? Might explain it if people overlook the control panel after an update.

It's nice to see the 4mx is finally starting to fade away. It's percentage is lower then I'd expect but still higher then I'd like. I'm surprised by how high the 9800 ranks. But I shouldn't be... it's been the best deal for a long time.

Re. intel / amd, they've been roughly even in Valve's survey for as long as I can remember. I think intel gained some this time.

Re. 16 bit graphics settings, I've noticed in previous surveys it didn't detect my settings properly: it usually said I used software rendering. It worked correctly this time.

arrrse said:
ATI ownage :oops:

Why so many people with 16bit colour though? :?
I added up the percentage of nvidia cards until I got over 50%. I stopped after "NVidia GeForce2 Series".

I (very roughly) added up the percentage of capable dx9 cards (as opposed to cards merely capable of dx9 ;) ) & with 5 figure results.

Looks a bit less dire for NV once you bring in capable dx8 cards though.

Look at all those 9600s, 9800s + a solid dose of 95/9700s & sweet FA of even 5600s let alone 5900s.

DriveType
Undetermined 34,427 6.26 %
CD-Rom 95,671 17.39 %
DVD 420,020 76.35 %
Undetermined 1 0.00 %

You'd think that would be enough for any new major game to be released on freaking DVD, but NOOOO!!! Let's play CD-swap forever and ever!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I took the survey the other day. It detected my dual-monitor Radeon 9800Pro 1280x1024@32bit setup as 0x0 resolution and 0bit color.

BRiT said:
I took the survey the other day. It detected my dual-monitor Radeon 9800Pro 1280x1024@32bit setup as 0x0 resolution and 0bit color.

It probably thought you plug ur pc directly to your brain....

Look at the 6800 GT compared to the X800 Pro, and the 6800 Ultra compared ot the X800 XT PE. It's interesting to see how close the two companies are, as well as seeing how there are 4-5 times the Pros and GTs compared to the XT PEs and Ultras.

CMAN said:
Look at the 6800 GT compared to the X800 Pro, and the 6800 Ultra compared ot the X800 XT PE. It's interesting to see how close the two companies are, as well as seeing how there are 4-5 times the Pros and GTs compared to the XT PEs and Ultras.

That's cause 4-5 times the number of people can afford them :LOL:

Back